Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferred color combination among women

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I’m new to this community and wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts were on color configuration amongst women Tesla owners. I don’t see too many posts from women and I’m having a hard time deciding between ordering the performance model Y in red or white, both with white interior. I love how sporty the red looks but the white is just an overall cleaner and classier feel. My husband says red is a better color for men and that I just look better in a white car so I should stick with that. My issue is that although I do love the white I already have a white Alfa Romeo with the Nero package (black rims, mirrors, exhaust) with red interior and calipers. If I go for white it would look very similar to what I currently have with the only difference being the interior. While it would be nice to change up the look with the MYP, ever since my husband made that comment I feel like every time I see a red Tesla it now looks manly and I have yet to see any women driving them. Anyone have any thoughts? Do women generally “look” better in white given it is a classier color? Is there another color combination that is more popular among women? I would love opinions from both men and women. Also let me know if you would chose one color combo over the other for more logical reasons.

Tesla has (5) exterior color combinations, and three of those are black, grey and white. Sorry, but I dont consider any of the available car colors for a tesla either "manly" or "womanly". There are only a few colors that read that way, and none of them are these.

Buy what color you like. No one sees any of these (5) available colors (black, white, grey, red, blue) and thinks of a gender for the driver.

Alicia:

My wife had a red Elantra, this time she really wanted white as she wanted something different and loved the white cars I've had. I was convinced red looked much better on the Y, so naturally I ordered what I really wanted: A happy wife driving a car she wanted.

FWIW, white is the only free color and red and white are the only two-coats paints.

Meanwhile, red is manly? Do you have any idea the number of woman wearing red and looking great it in? What nonsense. Hubby a bit insecure maybe? Or trying to save a few grand?

As to "how does a woman look", I suppose a red-head might want to avoid red, a blonde might look a bit washed out in white and a brunette can wear/drive almost any color.

Get what you want, you're going to be getting in it a lot. Much as I loved the red (it looks fantastic), no way could I see my wife getting in her car every day thinking "I got the color my husband wanted".

Other things? Here are two on each side:
* Aside from being the only other two-coat paint, red will have better resale value. There are a million white ones.
* White looks cleaner when dirty.
* If you talk to a body shop they'll tell you the pearl white is the toughest to match if it gets scratched/hurt
* White might be a bit cooler if you're in a really hot climate.

Luck to you!

Attachments

• 1683442749812.png
    1683442749812.png
    407.8 KB · Views: 132
Alicia:

My wife had a red Elantra, this time she really wanted white as she wanted something different and loved the white cars I've had. I was convinced red looked much better on the Y, so naturally I ordered what I really wanted: A happy wife driving a car she wanted.

FWIW, white is the only free color and red and white are the only two-coats paints.

Meanwhile, red is manly? Do you have any idea the number of woman wearing red and looking great it in? What nonsense. Hubby a bit insecure maybe? Or trying to save a few grand?

As to "how does a woman look", I suppose a red-head might want to avoid red, a blonde might look a bit washed out in white and a brunette can wear/drive almost any color.

Get what you want, you're going to be getting in it a lot. Much as I loved the red (it looks fantastic), no way could I see my wife getting in her car every day thinking "I got the color my husband wanted".

Other things? Here are two on each side:
* Aside from being the only other two-coat paint, red will have better resale value. There are a million white ones.
* White looks cleaner when dirty.
* If you talk to a body shop they'll tell you the pearl white is the toughest to match if it gets scratched/hurt
* White might be a bit cooler if you're in a really hot climate.

Luck to you!
Thanks so much for this. A lot of good info to think about. And of course I have red hair so maybe that’s why my husband thinks I look better in white 🤣

I agree that it seems like everyone has a white vehicle these days so the red would definitely be more unique. I am kinda tired of seeing all the white crossovers on the road and I have never encountered a red Tesla in the wild so it must be a less popular color choice. Curious how the red would hold up over time though since I don’t have any covering at my place of work so my car sits out in the sun for 8 hours during the work week. Maybe for this reason it would be better to stay with white cause I hear red can fade overtime if left out in the sun. 🤔

Wow. You are the first woman I've ever heard about that considers "white" is a color. I've been lectured many times that "white" is the ABSENCE of color!
Actually, your statement is false. White is all colors reflecting and black is no color reflecting…. That’s also why you can split white light into a rainbow 🌈 of all colors with a prism….

Reactions: tradosaurus
Tesla has (5) exterior color combinations, and three of those are black, grey and white. Sorry, but I dont consider any of the available car colors for a tesla either "manly" or "womanly". There are only a few colors that read that way, and none of them are these.

Buy what color you like. No one sees any of these (5) available colors (black, white, grey, red, blue) and thinks of a gender for the driver.
Thanks for this. I think it was just my husbands comment that got in my head. Didn’t know if others thought the same.

Oh nice!!! Do you have it with the white interior? I’ve seen pictures of it but was curious how the combo looked in person. Everyone I’ve asked seems to think black would go better with red.

Unfortunately not, I love the white interior however. Both times I have ordered white with white interior and both times I have ended up with Red and Black from Inventory lol. I love red cars so I was happy to grab what was in inventory, yet I did wish it had white interior. At the moment I have the 2 model Y's on order, the red that was in inventory (not here yet, but close, now delayed due to port congestion :mad:) and the white. It is basically coming down to which car arrives first.

I drove by the gym the other day and saw someone had their Tesla repainted to dark purple. THAT is my color. With Casper's black interior, that would be my dream car. Mom will never let me do it while she's alive though. If I can buy a Model X later, I want to to be that way. (They might have it so you can use Steam on Model 3/Y before that happens though.)