Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

preferred game controller for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I'm looking to buy a set of game controllers to keep in my MY (Johnny 5) and wanted to see what set up other people have. I've seen some posts about the EasySMX wired controller, but the reviews on amazon show that they break/lose functionality rather quickly.

Any help would be appreciated.

I like the xbox controller. I finally got everything working correctly and made it wireless with the Mayflash NS. Do not make the same mistake I made and get a Brand NEW Xbox controller series X because that does not work with the mayflash. Had to buy the series S and that does work wirelessly. They both work wired with cables however.

I like the xbox controller. I finally got everything working correctly and made it wireless with the Mayflash NS. Do not make the same mistake I made and get a Brand NEW Xbox controller series X because that does not work with the mayflash. Had to buy the series S and that does work wirelessly. They both work wired with cables however.
Thanks for the update. I am curious about using the Mayflash NS. Are you plugging this in under the dash or in the glovebox? My car is pre glovebox outlet. Thanks

Thanks for the update. I am curious about using the Mayflash NS. Are you plugging this in under the dash or in the glovebox? My car is pre glovebox outlet. Thanks

I have a Model Y preglovebox usb so in center console only. I recently received my Jeda USB Hub so I have been using that, but before I plugged into both the USB C and the USB A and both ports would work with Mayflash and wired controllers.

If you want to spend a bit less than an Xbox game controller, I bought this one last year, based on some recommendations here, for $15 and it works perfect in the Model Y on all games.

Logitech Gamepad F310

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAHYQY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you search for "Tesla" in the Amazon Customer questions & answers section, you'll see Tesla owners reporting that this works perfectly in their Model S, Y & 3.

I gt this one too but USB connection does not work with Car USB-C ports.

Are you using USB from glove box?