Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preliminary Voting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
I am starting to see signs going up for prelim elections. One can argue that, with the gerrymandering, they are the only elections that count.

Now is the time to start contacting candidates and get their views on auto dealer protectionism or anti-teslaism.

Should we start a list?

What's particularly annoying is that the Texas republican party issued a policy statement in the last year or so stating that they support Tesla direct sales. When it comes to actually voting, however, too many of them seem to conveniently forget that. For these preliminary elections, I would like to nail each of these Texas senate candidates down on exactly where they stand on Tesla direct sales. I know one of the TMC members is also involved in the Tesla for Texas grassroots efforts. I wonder if he/they could orchestrate a formal query, along the lines of:

"Dear [Candidate]

We Texas members of the Tesla community were pleased to see that the Texas Republican party drafted a policy statement that Tesla direct sales should be permitted in Texas. Please tell us if you intend to support your party's position when the political machinery in Austin tries to distort the very simple truth that Tesla has a right to sell vehicles to Texas consumers and Texas consumers have a right to buy them.

Sincerely,

etc."

This query might carry more weight, too, if we can include the number of Tesla owners and Model 3 reservation holders, who currently reside in Texas. (The fact that some of them may not vote for a Republican in the general election is irrelevant when we're talking about contacting the republican candidates for the primary election.)

It would help, too, if the query mentions that we'll post the responses from all candidates on the Tesla forum for Texas Tesla enthusiasts to see.

Reactions: brkaus