Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Audio vs Partial Premium Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 LR AWD
How does one know if Tesla is actually giving you what they say they are. Is there a way to visibly tell that I have the premium audio with the added speakers.

I tried to put my ear against all the speakers in the car. I noticed that the speakers by the visors don't give much or any audio.

Anyone information would be appreciated.

I wondered this, so I went round the car putting my ear next to all the speakers. You can (with patience) hear them all. 12 plus sub, so all good on the premium front. That said, not one of the non sub speakers has any size to them which is a shame. My old Lexus IS200 had 4 plus sub and had more kick to it -slightly better overall I think than the Tesla.

Where are the subs located??
Here's a diagram layout for the Premium Audio and where each component is located.
Tesla3_Premium_Audio_layout.jpg

You should notice the speakers near the visors get louder when you enable immersive audio,you can also make sure your car has the software flag for Premium audio under the Additional vehicle information button that they added to one of the recent updates. That shows you the audio system and AP computer level.