TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Premium center consol

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Merrill, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Has anyone purchased the new premium center consol, I always liked not having anything but this looks very nice.

2. gzerninplatz

gzerninplatz Member

I have it, and love it. But note that I'm coming to Tesla from a BMW Z3....the cabin initially felt like being on the bridge of a big ship, not designed around holding me...with the console it is much more cozy - not cramped - but not all that unnecessary open space. Plus now I have room to hide away sunglasses, iPhone charger, etc. And a place to rest my right leg against - I was having trouble finding a really comfy place to rest it with nothing there - my knee hit the corner of the dash cubby in an awkward way. I also like having the shelf it makes when closed as a place to put stuff I'm using - phone when I don't plug it in, papers, whatever...it comes right to hand with the console, without it the stuff was too far away.

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Thanks gzerninplatz does the stitching match your existing black interior.

4. TES-E

TES-E Member

I also have the center console, and I am very pleased with it. Timing was such that it was installed when my car was delivered to me, so except for the test drive, I haven't experienced a Model S without it. Very handy and integrates well with the rest of the interior.

5. gzerninplatz

gzerninplatz Member

Merrill-
    Stitching does match the interior - but I noticed that the color of the stitching on the seats (black leather) is different than the rest of the interior - the console matches the other car body stitching. So it continues the two-tone style that was already there. The LOOK of the console and stitching matches exactly.

6. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Thanks, I like the look and it would be nice to cover everything.