Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

premium center console question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have compiled the list of parts for the upgraded center console (getting rid of the yacht floor). I gave the list to my nearest SC and after a few days i got an email with prices for everything it comes out to $1,253

i noticed the CABLE, USB, LIGHTED, SECOND ROW - 1047537-00-C is $55 each and i need 2 of them and looking online i can get it on eBay for $20 each. but that is not my question. I notice on one end is the standard type A connection and the other end is a funky looking micro USB with a funky connector on it. I guess it is supposed to plug into the cables that come down from the MCU but aren't the 2 cables off the MCU already in use by the current USB connectors? I want to verify i have all the parts i need before i go about scouring ebay and buying others from Tesla. And nowhere have i ever come across someone saying something about a adapter or extension or anything.

If so is there an adapter or something so these USB's can plug in. I know there is a thread on here somewhere about doing the retrofit of the console but i cant find it and this is what I'd consider a hijack question of a thread so it should have its own separate thread anyway.

list.JPG

usb.JPG

What this a factory option? I can't help you but maybe you can consider a taptes center console? model s center console
I am considering buying one as the price is decent and it looks clean and like factory
the tapes one is similar to the Tesla one but i don't like how its just sitting in there and it looks like its not very secure.
the factory center console in teslas is the yacht floor. Ive already pulled out my center console as part of the retrofit of the new one but here are some internet pics of the factory console.As for the USB concern it looks like the best option will prob be to just cut teh cable and hard wire the 5v into the car as described in this thread

Attachments

• Used-2014-Tesla-Model-S-P85-115kMSRP-Tech-Package-High-Fidelit.jpg
    Used-2014-Tesla-Model-S-P85-115kMSRP-Tech-Package-High-Fidelit.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Used-2014-Tesla-Model-S-P85-115kMSRP-Tech-Package-High-Fidelity-Sound-Pkg.jpg
    Used-2014-Tesla-Model-S-P85-115kMSRP-Tech-Package-High-Fidelity-Sound-Pkg.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 38