Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity and Spotify is a joke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a few weeks now I can't get any album art. I have Premium Connectivity and the reception is absolutely abysmal. I'm not a happy chappy at all. Apple Music works fine but Spotify and TuneIn just useless.

Anyone else having problems of maps not loading/Spotify not playing for a while, album art not loading up etc etc.

Getting a bit sick of Tesla Infotainment to be honest.

It is atrocious even in full 4G/5G coverage areas - I wonder what carrier they use in the UK as they used to be roaming KPN (Dutch), the problem maybe just more apparent to me when vodaphone started turning off 3G

For a few weeks now I can't get any album art. I have Premium Connectivity and the reception is absolutely abysmal. I'm not a happy chappy at all. Apple Music works fine but Spotify and TuneIn just useless.

Anyone else having problems of maps not loading/Spotify not playing for a while, album art not loading up etc etc.

Reception of signal would appear to be OK otherwise apple Music wouldn't be working.

Reception of signal would appear to be OK otherwise apple Music wouldn't be working.
it seems to get two bars normally around my area, good enough to play music. It just seems to take ages to start up, and why no album art? I can watch Netflix/youtube and all that without a problem.
Just so frustrating. I'm not going to do a full reboot of the car either, I shouldn't have to in all honesty. I've done a soft reboot and that hasn't made a difference.

Full signal on phone but Spotify stoped working and maps are still displaying fog of war.
42f674e0-72d3-42fb-b550-e220fd841d9b.jpeg
42f674e0-72d3-42fb-b550-e220fd841d9b.jpeg

it seems to get two bars normally around my area, good enough to play music. It just seems to take ages to start up, and why no album art? I can watch Netflix/youtube and all that without a problem.
Unfortunately service is unlikely to be able to do anything due to it being a software issue.

I had this problem ever since ownership in 2019 whether using the premium connectivity or hotspot, I believe it was to do with Spotify and it never resolved so I started using Tidal instead and would work straight away when getting in the car as opposed to several minutes later. Tidal also allows downloads to the car which is even better, works on premium or hotspot!

I had premium fora while. Tunein is a piece of crap. I sed it to listen to MSNBC. The commercials when MSNBC cuts away are thee incessant comercials for
an online "college" and many times I wold get "we're having trouble nd will be back shortly". I use blue tooth on my phone is I want Tunein and it runs
almost as bad. Spotify I can't say. My advice is use your phone for streaming apps and connect via ble tooth or conect via USB port

Unfortunately service is unlikely to be able to do anything due to it being a software issue.

I had this problem ever since ownership in 2019 whether using the premium connectivity or hotspot, I believe it was to do with Spotify and it never resolved so I started using Tidal instead and would work straight away when getting in the car as opposed to several minutes later. Tidal also allows downloads to the car which is even better, works on premium or hotspot!
oh thats interesting. I've got a free sub to Apple at the moment and that works flawlessly, but the wife and kids are on spotify atm and I'll be going back to it and the end of my free sub.

I had this issue for about 3 weeks but I was hotspotting off my phone. It all went away after a software update and now works fine. With Spotify, I used to find toggling the ‘Spotify Bar’ at the bottom right of the screen to the ‘tyre pressure’ slide and back used to sometimes work to refresh the Spotify app.

Reactions: Leejmoff

Works perfect for me here in CA, USA.

Only issue I've ever incurred was on the woodhead pass on the Pennines, where my playlist stopped playing for bit.. this is understandable as there is no reception at all for anything..

Spotify and premium connection works fine...

That isn't to say or diminish others experience.. I work in DevOps so completely get that user reports of issues that others don't experience are usually valid and indicators of underlying issues..

But I can say for me... It's generally been fine

Full signal on phone but Spotify stoped working and maps are still displaying fog of war.
View attachment 940328View attachment 940328
This is exactly the issue I’m having. Ironically it only started after I switched from Apple Music to Spotify last week. Thought it was a signal issue, I travel a lot so not restricted to local mast etc, and figured it was either the modem or a dodgy sim.
It’s been really flaky since with live traffic routing being unavailable.
Spotify mainly gives me the option to play radio instead of a selected album. If I get an album to play it’s like the speakers are underwater and in slow motion.
Will try switching to another Music service again and see if everything sorts itself out

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpeg
    IMG_4551.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 51