Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity and Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Premium connectivity mainly relates to the ability to use the cars LTE connection to stream content like Spotify, Youtube, Netflix etc, along with traffic visualisation and sattelite maps view. Without premium connectivity you can still stream Spotify etc using your phone as a wifi hotspot. Spotify in the car just logs into your Spotify account, which would be shared with your phone etc and can be a family subscription. Similar for Netflix.

Spotify in the car just logs into your Spotify account, which would be shared with your phone etc and can be a family subscription. Similar for Netflix.

You can, but the car also comes with its own Spotify account, which is what the OP is referring to (I don't think you actually need Premium Connectivity for that either, but without that it only works on WiFi).

I gather we get Spotify, is that only available in the car? Ie Spotify won’t be available on my phone, and it can’t be upgraded to Spotify family?
Correct, it's an account just for the car. If you have your own Spotify account you can log the car into that instead though, if you want.