Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been tryinc to follow all of this.

Model 3 P picked up in october 2019. I didn't get an email. I did go ilto my account and (maybe stupidly) hit to supscribe to premium connectivity. After I did that I read more where it says I get a year free.

Now it shows this in my account.
Screenshot_20191208-193510.png

Do you think that means it's free until dec 8 2020 or I'm paying now on a monthly basis and they have some set yearly renewal period for some reason?

I clicked cancel to see what happens and I get a popup saying if I cancel then it will revert to standard on dec 8 2020. So seems I'm good until then. Just not sure why exactly one year from today.

And whatever navifgation
Yeah, but i’m not sure i trust the local auto shop to work on my tesla and even though i am technically inclined, based on the photos and description of the process it’s more than i want to tackle. I’d rather pay tesla $2K than the local shop.... if i was in california where there are specialty tesla shops, it would be different.... but around here the sound guy is a 23 year old dwayne johnson wannabe driving a 1993 honda. Not exactly what i’m going for.
I did my research and the people I chose (Reus Audio in Orange) are definitely the real deal. They've been doing this since Elon was a wee lad. I went and listened to the results and saw their work - finished results as well the individual components and the engineering that went into them (they designed and have customer manufactured their own drivers and, electronic crossovers, and amps).

I like good quality sound and even the Premium audio system offered by Tesla doesn't come close. This isn't a thumper going down the street (though it gets some serious SPLs) - it is about super clean and accurate sound. Worth every penny I paid.

And they do travel to install - they have satisfied customers across the US,

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
I have a SR+ and recieved the satellite maps and traffic. Imo the satellite maps are completely useless - too cluttered and confusing. Like the traffic visuals though.

Subscribed but I'm really starting to reconsider if it's worth it. Satellite is inferior to what's offered as standard. Traffic is nice to have. Might just as well pay extra for hotspot on my cell plan - will give me everything I need and the ability to download updated w/o "real" wifi.

Apples and oranges. Saying Tesla charging $10 for something your phone does for free is a completely useless and dumb argument. You still pay for it on your phone. It’s called a cellular connection, that’s what Tesla is charging you for. Not for the service itself but for the cellular connection. Streaming Netflix, spotify, etc. Is bandwidth intensive and Tesla should not have to front ongoing costs. Why do you think they stopped software updates over cellular? Google isn’t giving away anything for free. You’re paying for the data by simply using the service, you are the product with Google..

LOL Tesla is not innovative because of that?? Get a hold of this guy. Navigation is FREE do you not read before you go complaining online? The traffic data is part of what you have to pay for.

I have unlimited data. So yes $10 more is $10 more. My cell phone bill is not going to change if I stream using Tesla or thru my carrier.

I own a Model 3 as my winter car and Mercedes SLC as a summer/fun car. I don't need navigation. I'm pretty good at driving around my city. Maybe once or twice a year do I travel and find it useful. However I use navigation everyday to route me around traffic, so the navigation will be useless to me in the Model 3 with out traffic and I find the price to be outrageous.

I'm sorry that you can't see that having more options is better. So having CarPlay support would give me an alternative, but Tesla is just as bad as the auto manufactures were before they offered CarPlay.

After having a horrible delivery experience, horrible quality (car has already been in the shop for 2+ weeks for repairs to the steering system), and now them trying to nickel and dime me for something everyone else gives for free, I won't be buying or recommending a Tesla to anyone.

I have unlimited data. So yes $10 more is $10 more. My cell phone bill is not going to change if I stream using Tesla or thru my carrier.

I own a Model 3 as my winter car and Mercedes SLC as a summer/fun car. I don't need navigation. I'm pretty good at driving around my city. Maybe once or twice a year do I travel and find it useful. However I use navigation everyday to route me around traffic, so the navigation will be useless to me in the Model 3 with out traffic and I find the price to be outrageous.
As has been mentioned several times already, Tesla's navigation still takes traffic into account without subscribing to premium connectivity. You just can't see the traffic density on the screen.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but if you do not have the premium connectivity will the app on your phone still be able to connect to the car from where ever you are to start the heater or air conditioning? Lets say neither your phone or the car is on wifi at the moment you want to connect? What happens when you try to connect to the car? Thanks.

Hello all. Ordered car a few days ago. Got a LR AWD model.

Congrats! Ordered LR AWD a month ago myself, hoping to get delivery before the end of the year :)

As far as I understand we will get 1 year of premium connectivity with the purchase and after that must subscribe if we want to keep those features. LR AWD comes with Premium Interior.

Connectivity

> Orders of Model S, Model X and Model 3 with Premium Interior will receive a Premium Connectivity trial for one year after delivery.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but if you do not have the premium connectivity will the app on your phone still be able to connect to the car from where ever you are to start the heater or air conditioning? Lets say neither your phone or the car is on wifi at the moment you want to connect? What happens when you try to connect to the car? Thanks.
Yes

I hope they offer a more expensive option that allows the car to act as a hot spot in the future. Dunno what Tesla pays for data, but I got unlimited data (supposedly anyway, I noticed some pretty heavy throttling after like 5gigs) for my Chevy Volt for something like 25 or 30 bucks a month, iirc. It would be nice to have the option to have that capability for my 3.

Just an update.

This morning my M3 suddenly received the satalite and live traffic.

This didn't seem to be a software update but more like they throw a switch on their side.
I did not sign up for premium just yet but this morning it was there.

I've had the previous update with streaming services and whatnot for some time. However, I guess they needed to throw a switch or something and enable it. It was not enabled when I received the email but like 2-3 days later.

However I use navigation everyday to route me around traffic, so the navigation will be useless to me in the Model 3 with out traffic and I find the price to be outrageous.

and now them trying to nickel and dime me for something everyone else gives for free, I won't be buying or recommending a Tesla to anyone.

Who gives free internet connectivity and streaming of Netflix and other streaming services for free? Just listen to yourself, you're not making any sense.

You should actually read what is posted on Tesla's website. You would learn that the traffic routing is still active on the non-premium service. What you don't get is a visualization of where the bad traffic is, but the destination routing will find the optimal route, and will take traffic into account.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Who gives free internet connectivity and streaming of Netflix and other streaming services for free? Just listen to yourself, you're not making any sense.

You should actually read what is posted on Tesla's website. You would learn that the traffic routing is still active on the non-premium service. What you don't get is a visualization of where the bad traffic is, but the destination routing will find the optimal route, and will take traffic into account.
No one gives it for free but you can’t talk sense to people that think this way. These entitled people on this forum is why I stopped frequenting as often, it just feels like a waste of time trying to read and talk to people that have that mentality.