Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
June 30 was the cutoff for lifetime premium connectivity. As of 7/1/18 it’s only included for one year. Since it’s only March nobody has been required to pay the renewal fee yet.
Have partial premium interior. Bought the M3 in June 2019. Never had premium connectivity since day 1. Temporarily had it with the V10 update but had to pay monthly after to keep it.

was sure i was going to subscribe when the trial ended, but now I'm not sure after using standard connectivity for a few days. I don't use any of the extra features besides spotify, and even then i have a separate subscription and i can stream it from my phone. it helps that i can change the music from the screen and not fidget with my phone. the convenience for live traffic is also a plus. $10/month isn't much, but I'm not sure I really need this at this point. Maybe until Tesla releases more premium connectivity features like sentry mode viewing.

Anybody else lose their traffic visulation? I subscribed to premium connectivity effective January 1st. My account says I have PC and I do have satellite maps, but no TV.
I have only had the car for 4 months but lost traffic visualisation about a month ago around the time that I updated the software. With premium interior it is supposed to last a year. Not sure if the software is just unreliable, it is a glitch or what. I have not been invited to subscribe. Not sure it will be worth subscribing if the feature randomly disappears. TuneIn still appears to be working.

I had my free trial for a month, it's great. In my area I have three different ways to get to work, they all require a drawbridge or tunnel (tolled)

By having a quick scan of the traffic I can see which route to take of one bridge is backed up.

Second reason, on Google Fi I pay $10/gb per month. If I stream for a month, I average around 700mb. So that's $7. I realized the extra fee and extra features where I've already been able to dodge traffic jams is worth it.

I had my free trial for a month, it's great. In my area I have three different ways to get to work, they all require a drawbridge or tunnel (tolled)

By having a quick scan of the traffic I can see which route to take of one bridge is backed up.

Second reason, on Google Fi I pay $10/gb per month. If I stream for a month, I average around 700mb. So that's $7. I realized the extra fee and extra features where I've already been able to dodge traffic jams is worth it.

Point 1 doesn’t make any sense, the car will make the decision what the fastest route is regardless if you pay for the extras.

I think that's crazy (having to pay per month). I understand they'll make more $$ but I think more people would sign up; like me.
Considering it took them a couple of years to even figure out how to charge for this service, you will probably be waiting for a while to see annual discounts (if they even do come up with any).

And what would you expect? Maybe you pay $100 for an annual instead of $120? Are you really wrapped up in that $20? Either you want the connectivity as it exists or you don't.

Considering it took them a couple of years to even figure out how to charge for this service, you will probably be waiting for a while to see annual discounts (if they even do come up with any).

And what would you expect? Maybe you pay $100 for an annual instead of $120? Are you really wrapped up in that $20? Either you want the connectivity as it exists or you don't.
I'm fine without it. It's just not worth that much IMO.