Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity email just arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning....looks like they woke up and will charge me now, my subscription ends 12/31. I just subscribed, $9.99/mo charged directly to my Tesla account. Can’t argue with the price, it’s pretty sweet as they don’t list any data maximum. But they do have a warning in the terms now about excessive data usage, they reserve the right yadda yadda yadda.

Forgot to mention....when I just checked my Tesla account this morning, there was another strange change. My free supercharging expired in August, since then it’s said pay for supercharging. Now it says free ends in August 2019, go figure. I did get 1000 miles free in my loot box in Oct after giving a referral to a neighbor, but my account page had never changed.

Forgot to mention....when I just checked my Tesla account this morning, there was another strange change. My free supercharging expired in August, since then it’s said pay for supercharging. Now it says free ends in August 2019, go figure. I did get 1000 miles free in my loot box in Oct after giving a referral to a neighbor, but my account page had never changed.

Same with me - as of today, my account now says "Free Supercharging until June 5, 2019". Also, previously my account used to say Enhanced Autopilot and FSD as Post Delivery Option. Then it changed in my account to Autopilot and FSD under options and now it's back to Enhanced Autopilot and FSD as a Post Delivery Option...

So now even SR+ can get satellite view, traffic, etc.
I thought that premium interior was needed for that. Kinda sucks that some people picked premium interior for those functionality and now everyone has access to them.
I'm happy for SR+ owners.... but i guess you get my point....

I got the email too, but don't see the live traffic visualization on the maps, and can't find it in the settings. Is this enabled for SR+ owners as part of the trial? Or do I have to purchase premium connectivity first?

Why would anyone pay for this service? The things you don't need wifi for (navigation, live traffic, satellite view) you get for free on Waze, etc. Video streaming, caraoke, music streaming, internet you need wifi for. If I am on wifi, I am home or at work. Those services can't be used when driving. What is the point then?

Why would anyone pay for this service? The things you don't need wifi for (navigation, live traffic, satellite view) you get for free on Waze, etc. Video streaming, caraoke, music streaming, internet you need wifi for. If I am on wifi, I am home or at work. Those services can't be used when driving. What is the point then?
If you pay those entertainment services are available over cellular. I’d you don’t pay, they only work on wifi.
As for waze , the browser won’t work over cellular if you don’t pay so you le be doing that on your phone.

You can stream audio while driving - about the ONLY thing that might interest me (though it doesn't as I don't like the compression).

Agree and nothing worth while paying money for. My Tesla is transport only and not a tiny home to live in.

Last edited: