Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity ended as a leasing customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I guess that's common with leased Teslas? But the password on the app is the same password used on the Tesla account. You log in with an email address on tesla.com? (Don't tell us what it is, we don't need to know.) Unless something is unique about leased, seems if you can access via the app, should be able to access via tesla.com

Here's what I would try. Contact leasing agent/company and give them the problem. How are you suppose to pay a bill via CC for monthly if you don't have access. Tell them to pay if or figure out how you can pay it. Put the burden on them. Worth a try.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I guess that's common with leased Teslas? But the password on the app is the same password used on the Tesla account. You log in with an email address on tesla.com? (Don't tell us what it is, we don't need to know.) Unless something is unique about leased, seems if you can access via the app, should be able to access via tesla.com

Here's what I would try. Contact leasing agent/company and give them the problem. How are you suppose to pay a bill via CC for monthly if you don't have access. Tell them to pay if or figure out how you can pay it. Put the burden on them. Worth a try.

Leasing customers have acceaa to the tesla web account but its a watered down version because the car is actually owned by the leasing company.

I have been wondering when mine was going to end. I have a SR+ which i got in November, Originally it didn't have PC, but i got it as part of the update.
My Car just says i have it, I cant see any end date anywhere.

Im on 2020.16.2.1.

My screen says 'standard connectivity included' .

I may give Tesla a call and find out if theres a way to pay outside of my lease.
Shhhhhh, don't tell Tesla. Lets keep the "Included" bit a secret :D

Someone did mention in another Thread that Tesla were aware of this as they were having problems with Lease multi accounts (They own the car, you have the car)? and may be rectified in the summer.

Someone did mention in another Thread that Tesla were aware of this as they were having problems with Lease multi accounts (They own the car, you have the car)? and may be rectified in the summer.

Anybody has an update about this? I am having the same issue. My lease company is the owner and they can not subscribe to Premium Connectivity. And I don't see the option in my own account as a driver. No options either in the app.

Update:
Yesterday my Premium Connectivity was activated!
The lease company had a discussion of a few weeks with Tesla.

Situation: The car is registered to the account of the lease company, the driver has some kind of sub-registration. Due to this situation Tesla is not able to invoice the subscription to the driver. The software is not ready for this (strange, because SuperCharging will be invoiced to the driver directly).
As long as there is no way that a driver can be invoiced for Premium, Tesla has activated it for leasedrivers without any charge. At least to my lease company.

Maybe this helps you to "complain" to your lease company!
Good luck!

Update:
Yesterday my Premium Connectivity was activated!
The lease company had a discussion of a few weeks with Tesla.

Situation: The car is registered to the account of the lease company, the driver has some kind of sub-registration. Due to this situation Tesla is not able to invoice the subscription to the driver. The software is not ready for this (strange, because SuperCharging will be invoiced to the driver directly).
As long as there is no way that a driver can be invoiced for Premium, Tesla has activated it for leasedrivers without any charge. At least to my lease company.

Maybe this helps you to "complain" to your lease company!
Good luck!

That's excellent progress!!

Which lease company are you with. I'm with Volkswagen and hoping this can happen once mine runs out or they figure out a way to allow us subscribe.