Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity for new MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live traffic visualization is just the yellow and red lines overlaid on the roads.

Ahhh, so they package "normal" google maps as a premium item.... I like having live traffic updates on google maps, but I can live without it for $120 a year. I am seriously considering finding a mounting solution for my Galaxy Fold and put it in front of the steering wheel for nav purposes.

Keith

Ahhh, so they package "normal" google maps as a premium item.... I like having live traffic updates on google maps, but I can live without it for $120 a year. I am seriously considering finding a mounting solution for my Galaxy Fold and put it in front of the steering wheel for nav purposes.

Keith
The Premium package only add the visualization part. Routing still takes live traffic data into account, premium package or not.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I was not aware of Tesla Waze. Tesla blocks using the Tesla browser to stream data while driving.
What do you mean when you say 'stream data'? I routinely use Teslawaze, Abetterrouteplanner.com, or even stream my home security cameras while in drive. The camera streams used to be blocked in drive because they were treated as video, but either something changed about the video format or something changed in the browser and now they work.

What do you mean when you say 'stream data'? I routinely use Teslawaze, Abetterrouteplanner.com, or even stream my home security cameras while in drive. The camera streams used to be blocked in drive because they were treated as video, but either something changed about the video format or something changed in the browser and now they work.
Good to know re TeslaWaze. I.e., you can't stream audio from the SiriusXM web site while driving. You must use the SiriusXM app on your phone and that requires using your phone's data plan.

So you bring up teslawaze on the screen? Not your phone? Do you / can you log in to your waze account and get favorites and such?

If so, I'll have to give that a try.

So you bring up teslawaze on the screen? Not your phone? Do you / can you log in to your waze account and get favorites and such?

If so, I'll have to give that a try.
Yes, you can use the Teslawaze website on your screen while driving. I don't think there is any login. There are a few settings you can adjust, but it is just a website that uses the Waze data, not the Waze app. I don't use it regularly and mostly use the Tesla nav, occasionally using ABRP to check options on longer trips. I don't drive fast enough to worry where police or speed cameras are set up, but the weather radar overlay on Teslawaze looks like it could be pretty useful sometimes.