Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account shows Premium Connectivity expiring Sept 2020.
I bought LR AWD with premium sound, premium interior in Sept 2019 at the end of the quarter. I was also told that premium connectivity was a permanent feature for the car I bought. But just as I was promised 2 yr free supercharging which was later never honoured, it looks like premium connectivity is also going to be a false promise. The car is great and fun to drive but the failure to be accountable is getting to be very disappointing.

I’m in same position. Ordered Dual Motor AWD White on White on April 29, 2019. Delivered June 21 2019. I understood that bonus supercharging would expire but don’t remember, nor does any of my purchase paperwork show, premium connectivity expiring. It was one of the perks of the White premium interior which I got.
Where/how are people reporting this? I will join in. My SC is the Oakville one. Attached is screenshot premium interior features from April 29, 2019.
F3A004FB-44B9-4DE2-B522-86D1EF7B0034.png

If anyone is interested in emailing Tesla, I have been corresponding with Justin E from the Tesla Support Leadership Team at: [email protected]. One person I spoke with at Tesla told me (off the record) that Tesla will only fix this if owners speak out.

Carefully created a thoughtful email on this topic, attached screen grabs of my contract and the Tesla site description of what Premium Interior included taken April 29,2019 when I ordered my Tesla 3 LR/AWD with white Premium Interior.

Sent the email to link above and it bounced back saying that email is no longer being monitored. SearchEd for other emails on Tesla site and can’t find any that I have confidence are being monitored. Now trying to figure out how to proceed ...

Carefully created a thoughtful email on this topic, attached screen grabs of my contract and the Tesla site description of what Premium Interior included taken April 29,2019 when I ordered my Tesla 3 LR/AWD with white Premium Interior.

Sent the email to link above and it bounced back saying that email is no longer being monitored. SearchEd for other emails on Tesla site and can’t find any that I have confidence are being monitored. Now trying to figure out how to proceed ...

I apologize. I'm sorry for wasting your time. This was news to me. I'm finding the process frustrating also.

I apologize. I'm sorry for wasting your time. This was news to me. I'm finding the process frustrating also.

Oh, no waste of time! I needed to craft my argument out so I’ll be ready in the off chance I get a sympathetic person answering the phone in Oakville SC.

Maybe I’m wrong but from what I’ve found so far I really think we have a valid case because I can’t find any indication that they stated a one year expiry on the Canadian site or my purchase documents.

Just hoping I might find an email address to get the ball rolling! At roughly $200 per year that adds up. And I really did think getting the premium interior option came with the Premium Connectivity, just like the other things mentioned like the fog lights, auto dimming side mirrors etc.

Thanks for getting me going on this!

Last edited:
Reactions: WattPwr
Oh, no waste of time! I needed to craft my argument out so I’ll be ready in the off chance I get a sympathetic person answering the phone in Oakville SC.

Maybe I’m wrong but from what I’ve found so far I really think we have a valid case because I can’t find any indication that they stated a one year expiry on the Canadian site or my purchase documents.

Just hoping I might find an email address to get the ball rolling! At roughly $200 per year that adds up. And I really did think getting the premium interior option came with the Premium Connectivity, just like the other things mentioned like the fog lights, auto dimming side mirrors etc.

Thanks for getting me going on this!

I spoke with Tesla National support and they explained that if I reply to the email I got from Tesla then it goes through. If I copy and paste the link for someone else to use then it bounces back to them. I would be available to email the results of a petition directly to the Tesla Support Leadership Team if that was helpful and if there is an appetite for that.

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW
Or, should people just share their opinions here and then I could email Tesla support a link to this thread? They told me that they do read these threads, but the Canadian thread might be a bit hidden. Thoughts?
I think it makes sense to do both (petition as well as point to this thread). I think it is great you are taking up this cause, and certainly would appreciate it if the community gets behind you and convinces Tesla to change their mind. As it is, there is dwindling difference between the premium and partial premium interior of the non AWD or Performance models. Perpetual connectivity would be a good nod to those owners to further justify the premium? Just thinking out loud.....

The president of the Saskatchewan Tesla Club is reaching out to other clubs and organizing a list of owners who felt the advertising was misleading at the date of their configuration. He said he was open to including any Canadian owner. Here is what he said:

"If anyone has lost premium connectivity and was not expecting it due to a lack of clarity when they ordered the car, can you send me an email [email protected] with: 1) When you configured the car 2) When you took delivery of the car, and how 3) What you were told regarding premium connectivity and what you expected (screen shots too if possible) I'm not promising I can help but I'm going to try my best. If this is a widespread problem I'll be reaching out to other Canadian clubs as well."

Here's to hoping that those owners who jump on board will get lifetime premium connectivity!!

I am definitely on board with this initiative. When I ordered in October 2019 there was no mention on the Canadian website about fees for connectivity. The interior descriptions were very clear that the now called Premium Connectivity features were included with the Premium Interior and not listed at all for the Partial Premium Interior. Does anyone have a date when the Canadian website was changed to show only "Premium Connectivity (1 year included)" on the interior selection page? When I questioned a Tesla Advisor about the date they provided a link to an electrek article from June 2018. Another Advisor said my Sales Advisor should have mentioned this to me prior to placing my order. I do not live near a sales center and simply ordered the car from the website with the information that was shown there at the time. When I asked why I could not find any reference to Connectivity in the Canadian Support section of the website, the Advisor admitted "that page isn't available yet".

Although some changes have been made to the Canadian site, the current site still contains conflicting information. The Interior selection page shows Premium Connectivity as a subscription service, included for 1 year, but the interior description links from the Car page still show the premium features as included. Tesla has admitted the website is confusing but is unwilling to be held accountable for the incorrect information. A similar situation played out in New Zealand and Australia. Tesla did end up extending lifetime Premium Connectivity for those owners so there is precedent. Tesla extends free for life Premium Connectivity to more Australia and New Zealand customers | The Driven

okay, i'm just reading this now to update on the situation. Yes, there was no mentioning of an expiry date on the premium connectivity when I got my LR RWD. So, we should just email [email protected]?

I am sorry, but it appears as though the Customer Support email address only works if you get an email from them first. Unfortunately, I don't think Tesla plans on doing anything about this at the moment. It would require Tesla Canada owners to unite and let Tesla know this sort of false advertisement is not ok. There might be a Canadian federal body that deals with misleading/false advertising. Regardless, it isn't going to be an easy fix.