Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say I'm not impressed with this yearly subscription either. I paid as did many of you for Premium interior, FSD, etc and I don't recall it saying I would only have 1YR of service included. I was under the impression that it came with the car for the life of the car. I do have screenshots and pdf's from when I ordered my car last year, pickup was late Dec/19.

I'll be making noisy about this in the coming months to Tesla. And if that falls on deaf ears I'll contact Consumer and Corporate affairs in Ontario. Certainly the marketing is misleading, or was at the time I purchased.

Just my 2cents worth.
Actually - just looked at Internet Archive for Dec 1 2019, and the site did show:

• Premium Connectivity (1 year included):

• Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
    • Internet browser

You may want to go back and search the date you ordered and see what the site showed. I can't figure out how to copy the link I'm looking at.

Actually - just looked at Internet Archive for Dec 1 2019, and the site did show:

• Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
    • Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
    • Internet browser

You may want to go back and search the date you ordered and see what the site showed. I can't figure out how to copy the link I'm looking at.
How do you check it? I've ordered mine back in November 2018.

Here is Nov 5 2018 Capture -
It seems to show 1 year of Premium Connectivity

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 6.36.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 6.36.02 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Reactions: richyrich
The capture posted is from the US site. The Canadian site has shown incorrect information until a couple weeks ago. One of the Tesla representatives I was dealing with in early May 2020 admitted the premium connectivity details were not clear on the Canadian website and requested a site update - which has since happened. Previously, if you selected the interior descriptions from the "Select Your Car" page, the premium connectivity features were broken out but did not mention any fees or trial period. Some time after December 2019 the the "Select Interior" page was changed to show the trial period - I have not been able to confirm when this happened. I tried asking several representatives what date the site was changed but they either didn't know or weren't willing to disclose the information. When I ordered in October 2019 the premium connectivity features were not broken out separately. They were shown in the "Premium Interior Includes:" list along with "LED fog lamps" and "front and rear heated seats". The "Partial Premium Interior Includes:" list did not include the features at all but did list "Standard maps & navigation". The screenshots below are from the Canadian and US sites in December 2019.

Canadian Interior Descriptions - December 2019 - Premium Connectivity features included
Interior Descriptions (CA) - Dec 2019.jpg

US Interior Descriptions - December 2019 - Premium Connectivity clearly shown as 1 year included
Interior Descriptions (US) - Dec 2019.jpg

Reactions: WattPwr and darwood

Doesn't that show the US pricing and features? Not the Canadian version. I checked my paper work and it makes no mention of a subscription or 1 year term. It just says 'included' But I have to check our nas of the office where most of my pdf's are located. At this point the office is closed so it'll have to wait.

I have to say I'm not impressed with this yearly subscription either. I paid as did many of you for Premium interior, FSD, etc and I don't recall it saying I would only have 1YR of service included. I was under the impression that it came with the car for the life of the car. I do have screenshots and pdf's from when I ordered my car last year, pickup was late Dec/19.

I'll be making noisy about this in the coming months to Tesla. And if that falls on deaf ears I'll contact Consumer and Corporate affairs in Ontario. Certainly the marketing is misleading, or was at the time I purchased.

Just my 2cents worth.

Did you manage to get anywhere with this complaint? I’m in the same situation with it ending next month.

That sucks! What is the cut line date you were given? And is that an order date or delivery date?

It's on my signature line. "Invited: Jun 28, 2018 | Ordered: Jul 2, 2018 | Delivered: Aug 31, 2018"
When I received the invite it did not mention anything about the upcoming change, and I was on my camping trip. So it took a sometime to discuss with my wife to make the decision to order it as I wasn't expecting to receive the invite to order. It sucks either way. I haven't subscribed to new premium connectivity, as I'm not commuting and using my car daily. I can't really justify the cost at this point.

It's on my signature line. "Invited: Jun 28, 2018 | Ordered: Jul 2, 2018 | Delivered: Aug 31, 2018"
When I received the invite it did not mention anything about the upcoming change, and I was on my camping trip. So it took a sometime to discuss with my wife to make the decision to order it as I wasn't expecting to receive the invite to order. It sucks either way. I haven't subscribed to new premium connectivity, as I'm not commuting and using my car daily. I can't really justify the cost at this point.
I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I picked up my 3 August 9th. I can’t get through to anyone at Tesla that can help me. So when you say you missed it by 2 days, what date did they tell you was the cutoff? And does it go by order date or delivery date? Tying to figure out if my delivery date qualifies. Thanks for your input.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I picked up my 3 August 9th. I can’t get through to anyone at Tesla that can help me. So when you say you missed it by 2 days, what date did they tell you was the cutoff? And does it go by order date or delivery date? Tying to figure out if my delivery date qualifies. Thanks for your input.

The order needed be placed by June 30, 2018. Tesla wasn't really clear on the policy change, and did not inform the customers. The Tesla community sites (Teslarati, and others) was the source that I found after I placed the order. It's a bit of sad situation and I don't think they will do anything at this point.

I personnally got a LTE hotspot with Fido Tablet data plan (4GB/month) to use in the car; mainly to stream Spotify.

Reactions: TwoBuoys
Just an FYI for those with older cars. I sold my Sig S last week and of course one of the key questions from prospective buyers was if the unlimited supercharging and connectivity carries over to the new buyer. I called Tesla and based on the supercharging ‘code’ on the car it should (although they wouldn’t put it in writing for the buyer) but the connectivity would NOT carry over to the new buyer.

I know that in a conversation with the buyer that the Supercharging did indeed carry over for him but not sure on the connectivity.