Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly! I am not sure why people are defending Tesla here, it's clearly deceptive practice, maybe it's not illegal but deceptive and should not be how they do business. Maybe I am a sucker that I didn't read up and confirm every detail, but why do this, for a few million dollars Tesla can correct this issue and move-on.
Tesla has only been posting about it for a few years in blogs, on Twitter, etc.
They may not be perfect, but this isn’t deceptive.

Surprise update today. I haven't renewed my premium connectivity after it expired a couple months ago. This morning I awoke to a pleasant surprise (I also updated to 2020.40.4), premium connectivity was working and I also have it listed in my settings. I have a 2019 M3 Performance stealth and hope this is a Canada wide change we all deserve and not just a glitch.

Thank you Tesla if you are holding up to those of us that got the premium interior originally.

I think the order date (rather than build date) will be the defining criteria, because it depends on what the website was showing at the time of order.

I ordered Sep 9, 2019 and just got free premium connectivity showing up today. I never subscribed after the “trial” ran out.

2020 SR+ (Nov 2019 build), no FSD, just updated to 40.4 yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: 5JMJ
Showed up in the car today. Was showing "Standard" yesterday instead of "haut de gamme".

IMG_2764.jpeg

I guess all our bitching and moaning worked :)

That or some class action suit. I wonder if the suit filed in MTL I linked before will continue, now that confirm removing it was a mistake and we "lost" like 5 month of a feature, some people actually paid for in the meantime (assuming this time it stays active and it's not just a bug).

Reactions: WattPwr
I got it too!!! After multiple calls to Tesla support and lots of people missunderstanding, it is finally clear that this was poorly communicated at best and illegal at worst!!! At least I have my warm and fuzzies back for Tesla. Thank you Tesla and thank you Elon!!! We can fall out, but I will always love you.

Reactions: EnigmaEV
That or some class action suit. I wonder if the suit filed in MTL I linked before will continue, now that confirm removing it was a mistake and we "lost" like 5 month of a feature, some people actually paid for in the meantime (assuming this time it stays active and it's not just a bug).

It's as good a theory as anything, given that Tesla hasn't explained why they added it. What confuses me is why SR+ owners, including me, got if. If this is about what was advertised to premium interior owners (e.g. non SR+ trim levels) and the lawsuit, why was the SR+ included?

I have May 2019 SR+ FSD delivery. I was paying the sub since aug. 2020. Now its free life. I assumed it was tossed into FSD because in Canada its ridiculously expensive but I could be wrong if non FSD owners of SR+ are also getting it.

Hmm, so I'm not at my car but checked though my tesla account and it says standard connectivity. I actually ordered July 2, so 1 day after the premium free for life 'expired' so I'm curious why others who ordered 6 months later are getting this, but I haven't. Making me think perhaps a glitch? Though I'm hoping it isn't.

I agree the wording of the CDN vs US sites was confusing, so keeping fingers crossed this applies to all early purchasers.

Reactions: RSR.M3