Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, so I'm not at my car but checked though my tesla account and it says standard connectivity. I actually ordered July 2, so 1 day after the premium free for life 'expired' so I'm curious why others who ordered 6 months later are getting this, but I haven't. Making me think perhaps a glitch? Though I'm hoping it isn't.

I agree the wording of the CDN vs US sites was confusing, so keeping fingers crossed this applies to all early purchasers.

I'm on the same boat. I missed the lifetime premium connectivity by couple of days. I did sign up for the subscription couple of days ago. I really hope to get the unlimited subscription. Fingers crossed.

I'm on the same boat. I missed the lifetime premium connectivity by couple of days. I did sign up for the subscription couple of days ago. I really hope to get the unlimited subscription. Fingers crossed.
Keep me updated if anything changes. I sent a note to tesla support. One possibility might be that they had my car location incorrectly for a year or more as in the US. My supercharger credits showed up as miles instead of km, and when I came in for service my service advisor always commented that my country was incorrect in some of their info.

It's as good a theory as anything, given that Tesla hasn't explained why they added it. What confuses me is why SR+ owners, including me, got if. If this is about what was advertised to premium interior owners (e.g. non SR+ trim levels) and the lawsuit, why was the SR+ included?

Thing with SR+, it didn't had any streaming or maps before V10 (Maps actually came later I think). So if I remember correctly, while there was no mention of premium subscription or not for SR+, some features, like enhanced maps, where not even part of the SR+ at first. At least that true for people that got their car before V10 was released.

I'm one of those who ordered before July 2018, cancelled it due to the ontario rebate being withdrawn and then having the rebate reinstated November 2018 through a court settlement (Tesla won on behalf of its customers). I had to go through the order process again with pricing from June 2018 but they would not give me unlimited premium. They should honour it for those who had to re-order but had an original order before that date. I was thankful to get the 14k rebate so I'm not too concerned, oh well maybe they might extend it to all 2018s.

Yeah I find it odd that even some who ordered in late 2019 seem to have gotten the connectivity added. Fingers crossed they are working backwards in time and why July 2018 orders have not gotten switched over yet.

So what is the earliest purchase date that has confirmed switch to lifetime unlimited? There are a couple of us here which seems to be still waiting with orders from July 2018....I have been refreshing my account page every couple hours today in the hopes it switches over but still no joy....

Seems to come with the latest software update 2020.40.4. Do you all have that update? Just our luck they will take it away again with the next update....
I don't see how it can be just that, given that it shows on the web site as well. It seems almost impossible that equivalent bugs would be both in-car and on the web site at the same time.

This could be a data issue where accounts got mistakenly changed, but that would likely be unrelated to the car software update.

Bottom line for me is that they've either given it to us for free, or it's a mistake and they've taken away our ability to cancel paid subscriptions should we want to. If it's the latter, we should hear soon about people having it as an included package in car/on the web but whose credit card got charged. And if THAT happens, it'll get resolved quickly one the banks start reversing charges on Tesla.

Still, a simple email would go so far here...

Seems to come with the latest software update 2020.40.4. Do you all have that update? Just our luck they will take it away again with the next update....

I don't think it has anything to do with 40.4. I got that update like 2days prior for the connectivity to go free and if it was enabled, I'd have noticed it as the main difference is the nav map toggle when you first start the car. And I've probably done that easily 10x during the period after I updated to 40.4. So, it's definitely not version dependent.

I don't think it has anything to do with 40.4. I got that update like 2days prior for the connectivity to go free and if it was enabled, I'd have noticed it as the main difference is the nav map toggle when you first start the car. And I've probably done that easily 10x during the period after I updated to 40.4. So, it's definitely not version dependent.
I agree. When they took away the premium connectivity back in May, there were no updates prior to that. It just one day *poof* vanished....

Hopefully, we'll see this magic in reverse happens to us 2018 model 3 owner shortly....

Reactions: fidodido