Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right - we know for a fact that configuration changes are pushed to cars without software changes. That's what this seems to have been. The open question is "why", not "how"...
Well, Elon is a mad scientist that sometimes don't follow logic. I saw many decisions going back and forth throughout the past couple of years at Tesla. So, I gave up on finding out why... If I get this premium connectivity for free, cool... if not, so be it... I can always use my cell as a hotspot. I'm using tasker app to form a command to turn on hotspot whenever my cell is connected to my model 3 via bluetooth, vice-versa when I'm disconnected. The only annoying thing is that I need to manually switch on wifi whenever I shift to "drive"....

Well, Elon is a mad scientist that sometimes don't follow logic. I saw many decisions going back and forth throughout the past couple of years at Tesla. So, I gave up on finding out why... If I get this premium connectivity for free, cool... if not, so be it... I can always use my cell as a hotspot.
I agree in general, but I'd still love to see something that indicates this is going to last. Ultimately, since I was paying for premium connectivity, this will come down to whether I'm billed for it in November, I guess.

Reactions: moltenfire
I agree in general, but I'd still love to see something that indicates this is going to last. Ultimately, since I was paying for premium connectivity, this will come down to whether I'm billed for it in November, I guess.
Very true since you've subscribed to the service... I guess non-subscribers like myself don't care as much.

I just find the lack of communication from Tesla is rather frustrating sometimes... Now that they've disbanded their PR department, things will only get worse...

Did your Tesla account get updated with "Free Unlimited" premium connectivity?

Yes it did.

upload_2020-10-19_16-22-22.png

Reactions: fidodido
I'm one of those who ordered before July 2018, cancelled it due to the ontario rebate being withdrawn and then having the rebate reinstated November 2018 through a court settlement (Tesla won on behalf of its customers). I had to go through the order process again with pricing from June 2018 but they would not give me unlimited premium. They should honour it for those who had to re-order but had an original order before that date. I was thankful to get the 14k rebate so I'm not too concerned, oh well maybe they might extend it to all 2018s.

I'm in the exact same boat. Can't complain because I got the 14k, but my original order date was June 2018, so free connectivity would be an awesome bonus.