Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I had almost accepted the fact that free premium was not going to be a thing for me, even following this thread I didn't think tesla would bend despite all the examples showing the inconsistent messaging in Canada vs the US

Then I got my hopes up when people started getting free premium added last week, but still no joy here. It really makes no sense how a car delivered in March 2020 would get this, yet those of us who ordered July 2018 and took delivery in Sept 2018 are excluded.

I'm holding a fleeting hope that the change rolls back to earlier orders, stay strong those of us in the same boat!

Tesla has not responded to my support ticket (sent 4 days ago), I might submit another one because I never even recieved an acknowledgement of them getting it so maybe there was an issue with the submission.

I just received another email telling me to subscribe, but my account still shows free unlimited connectivity.

I had initially subscribed a month ago when I got the first email about the expiry (Delivery Oct 2019). then a few days ago the account showed free unlimited. now another email?

guess i'll have to wait and see if they charge my credit card from my earlier subscription or if they turn off the premium connectivity.

I ordered my Model 3 AWD on 5th July 2018, delivered November 7th 2018, I did not get free premium connectivity.

This really annoys me. Us early adopters get screwed, when we are the ones that should get this the most. We waited for the AWD, paid a premium for it, and now don't even get premium connectivity. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Good news for many of us. There may be other threads on this already but I wanted to post here since I did a previous post on this thread. Last Saturday I did a software update and I got my premium connectivity back. So I have live traffic and voice command for searching music again. I bought a 2019 LR Dual Motor 3. Picked up Sept 2019. Premium connectivity got disconnected 12 months later in Sept 2020. I was also promised 2 yr free super charging which they never added to my account. So getting back premium connectivity is a small win.

In response to some of the other posters comments, my car is frequently on 3G for up to 30-45 mins when driving. Even in major city areas I have notice that I am on 3G, but eventually it will flip back to LTE.

1 month before my 12 month ownership, I started to get emails and messages about premium connectivity ending. I submitted a support ticket for software and the response from Tesla was that my issue was sales related and not service related and they indicated I should contact their sales team.

Last edited:
Reactions: WattPwr
I can confirm that I also got the 'free unlimited'. I would like to think that it was my reviving this thread and the several communications I made with Tesla that was the motivating factor to give this to us. Still not sure why some SR+ owners have it, but I am certainly not angry. Tesla should have never let this happen, at the very least they should have had a proper response and not just pretend that we should have known better. Glad this is resolved and I can finally feel better about a company that I really want to love, like I do the car. And TESLA please figure out your customer service options for owners - at the very list have a way to open a service ticket in the app under 'general or other' when no suitable option exists.

My P3D- Stealth delivered in Aug 2019 received the upgrade. At first I thought it was a glitch and didn't check to see if others had also received it. Glad it's back, I don't really stream anything or watch Netflix/YouTube in the car but the satellite maps are nice, I just couldn't justify subscribing just to get those maps.

Reactions: Imafrog
I only subscribed just this September because my tablet data plan was being heavily throttled by Fido (long story). it was cheaper to pay Tesla $16 and change a month. Now it's free. My early April 2019 build SR+ keeps demonstrating how great it was to buy it at that time. e.g. foglights, door pocket LEDs, frunk grocery bag clips, 3D1 rear motor...and now free Premium connectivity for life ;)

Reactions: fidodido
Sad news from Tesla....
I revived my old email threads regards to premium connectivity package with Tesla. This is their response after I referenced the website article. I'm more disappointed then upset. I'm not sure what's the logic of who's getting this perk!!

Hello Andrew,

We have granted Premium Connectivity to a limited population of owners. This is for the lifetime of their ownership and a gesture of goodwill. If your car was not granted Premium Connectivity, it is not included in this limited population. If you would like to maintain or activate Premium Connectivity, you can subscribe from your Tesla Account. Please visit our Connectivity support page for more details on the Connectivity package and answers to frequently asked questions.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your support in transitioning the world to sustainable forms of energy consumption.

Best,

Jenny | Tesla Support

12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020

https://www.tesla.com/support

• Informative
Reactions: moltenfire
Sad news from Tesla....
I revived my old email threads regards to premium connectivity package with Tesla. This is their response after I referenced the website article. I'm more disappointed then upset. I'm not sure what's the logic of who's getting this perk!!

Hello Andrew,

We have granted Premium Connectivity to a limited population of owners. This is for the lifetime of their ownership and a gesture of goodwill. If your car was not granted Premium Connectivity, it is not included in this limited population. If you would like to maintain or activate Premium Connectivity, you can subscribe from your Tesla Account. Please visit our Connectivity support page for more details on the Connectivity package and answers to frequently asked questions.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your support in transitioning the world to sustainable forms of energy consumption.

Best,

Jenny | Tesla Support

12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020

https://www.tesla.com/support
Ouch, you've missed it by 2 days.... feel bad for ya!

But who knows... they might change their mind again later

I'm in the exact same boat. Can't complain because I got the 14k, but my original order date was June 2018, so free connectivity would be an awesome bonus.
Same here, was hoping for free premium. I originally ordered at the end of June 2018, cancelled when Dougie gave Tesla the finger, then reordered in November 2018 when Tesla won the lawsuit for the rebate. I tried to argue with Tesla when they gave me the car but they wouldn't budge on the free connectivity. At the end of the day I would much rather prefer the $14k... but these recent posts gave me a false hope haha

Reactions: corlaandstan
I find tesla own music list that comes with premium connectivity is pretty lame. Just bunch of old songs that don't get updated. I know it supports Spotify but I already pay for Tidal monthly fee for hi def music at home. U fortunately premium connectivity does not support tidal. How are you guys getting up to date play list beside Spotify and tesla own music Playlist?

Same here, was hoping for free premium. I originally ordered at the end of June 2018, cancelled when Dougie gave Tesla the finger, then reordered in November 2018 when Tesla won the lawsuit for the rebate. I tried to argue with Tesla when they gave me the car but they wouldn't budge on the free connectivity. At the end of the day I would much rather prefer the $14k... but these recent posts gave me a false hope haha
yup, it's all Dougie's fault...

Reactions: corlaandstan
Looks like it's not a glitch and an official free upgrade from Tesla. It also looks like the sweet spot is March 2019-March 2020 to get it.

Tesla confirms it gave free Premium Connectivity to some owners, here's who we think should get it - Drive Tesla Canada

Sick, I fall in the range and got it. Ordered March 2019, delivered June 2019.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-7-25-43-PM.png

Reactions: Speedy Chinook
I find tesla own music list that comes with premium connectivity is pretty lame. Just bunch of old songs that don't get updated. I know it supports Spotify but I already pay for Tidal monthly fee for hi def music at home. U fortunately premium connectivity does not support tidal. How are you guys getting up to date play list beside Spotify and tesla own music Playlist?
My premium connectivity has been restored and I am back to enjoying Spotify. But during the months that I was missing it, I listened to the thousands of tracks that I bought online or ripped from my 100+ CDs. I put them onto a partition on an SSD drive that I also use for recording Sentry videos.

I have also streamed SiriusXM from my phone to the car using Bluetooth.

I was never without sufficient in-car entertainment when I was without premium connectivity.

I love premium connectivity because of satellite maps.
I choose not to pay for it because i can hotspot my phone (i have a generous data plan)
The only aspect i would miss is when i am driving in the USA and wouldn't get to stream my fav music (tunein and spotify) but that was not worth buying premium connectivity all the time. My plan was to get for the month i was travelling.

Now that TESLA has given it to me its a moot point..