Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in CPO MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat. Nov 2018 CPO purchase, says standard connectivity and paid for January. Will wait to see if it auto-renews Feb 4th. it does have a message that something went wrong, check back later.
I did the online chat with support, which took him a few minutes to understand what I was talking about. He couldn’t do anything but sent an email to the support team to make sure it was set to unlimited.

Thank you so much! I'm so glad I came across this post and I logged into my Tesla Account and my Credit Card. Not only am I seeing the Standard Connectivity, I got charged for supercharging even though it didn't show up on the car and I'm supposed to have Free Unlimited Supercharging. I'm so upset as I purchased my car in December 2019; I'm emailing my sales and delivery advisers who assured me that this would not be an issue. Anyone else I should contact regarding this?

Last edited:
I found the info I was looking for. Mine also shows standard connectivity and I should have premium for life as well since I bought it in December 2019. When click the upgrade button, the next screen shows payment information and a final subscribe button that is grayed out. It says also "Something went wrong. Please try again later" above the subscribe button.

Maybe it's just a visual data glitch since I am still able to stream music and see live traffic.

I paid for the premium subscription for January and came out to the car (Mar '19 CPO) today with a warning that my subscription had expired and was now standard. But the website shows me as free unlimited premium, hopefully it will all sort itself out tomorrow - I missed the nice maps today (although i really didnt notice any other differences).

Who are people contacting, or how are people reaching out to Tesla to get their standard connectivity flipped back to free unlimited premium? My account also just updated from no details on connectivity in the account page to saying Standard connectivity, but I purchased during the free unlimited premium period.

Just an update I now have Unlimited Premium Connectivity. The day they “fixed” it my car went into standard connectivity for a while and then updated to premium unlimited. I think they are having to fix these by hand. Worst case use the chat or send an email to customer support.

Please spread the word. Anyone with a CPO/Used Tesla should have their premium connectivity turned back on. Check your Tesla account to confirm.

Those of you that bought cars from Tesla that had free supercharging for the life of the car but sold without free supercharging should deal with that as well.

Thanks so much for your help on this! I never lost connectivity but glad to see it free unlimited on both my used Teslas