Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the waiting process for my Tesla to arrive on my delivery day and am starting to wonder about premium services... While I've seen many write-ups about utilizing apps in the car either directly through the app in the car, or connecting bluetooth in the US... I haven't seen many people write about using premium connectivity services in Japan. Is the price the equivalent in Yen to what it is in the US? is there restriction limitations to accessing certain services and require VPN for some?

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Premium Connectivity costs 990 yen per month.

I think it is slow but barely enough for watching YouTube or NetFlix. If you have a smartphone contract with ample data access, you can use tethering instead (use a smartphone as a WiFi router).

I think it is slow but barely enough for watching YouTube or NetFlix. If you have a smartphone contract with ample data access, you can use tethering instead (use a smartphone as a WiFi router).
Thanks Hiroshi, good to know!

Hi Hiroshi! I'm glad to see other Tesla owners in Japan on this forum!
Does anyone know which network Tesla use for connectivity in Japan? Softbank? NTT Docomo?