Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity-listen on phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to stream Pandora from your phone, you don’t need Premium Connectivity or anything else from Tesla. Just use Bluetooth. There’s no Pandora app in the car as far as I know.

The OPs question is not clear, but to me, it reads like:

==========================

"My tesla comes with a streaming platforum. Can I use this streaming platform on my phone, when I am NOT with my car, so that I can cancel my pandora subscription and listen to whatever streaming platform tesla provides to the car, on my phone when I am not in it?"

The OPs question is not clear, but to me, it reads like:

==========================

"My tesla comes with a streaming platforum. Can I use this streaming platform on my phone, when I am NOT with my car, so that I can cancel my pandora subscription and listen to whatever streaming platform tesla provides to the car, on my phone when I am not in it?"
You are correct.. sorry my initial post was a bit convoluted, was tired as hell and running on fumes.

Which streaming service are you listening to in the car? If it’s a service you don’t pay for, you won’t be able to use it outside the car unless you get the login credentials from Tesla. Pandora has a free service, which you could use on your phone.
I listen to “streaming” music, part of the premium connectivity from Tesla. It’s out of the trial period, therefore I pay for it.

I like being able to listen to music (commercial free) and switch stations without fumbling with my phone.

The commercials are pretty minimal on the iPhone version of that service. The biggest issue (in or out of the car) is that you can't listen to a specific song or play it again even though it may eventually come back around.

I listen to “streaming” music, part of the premium connectivity from Tesla. It’s out of the trial period, therefore I pay for it.

I like being able to listen to music (commercial free) and switch stations without fumbling with my phone.
Your Premium Connectivity subscription doesn’t include streaming, it includes the ability to listen to streaming services without a WiFi connection. If you’re already paying separately for your own streaming service, you can stream that from your phone via Bluetooth.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I have a Pandora account I would like to access in my MYP. Options I know of:

1. Stream it from my phone via bluetooth. Works fine mostly, but not always optimal and uses phone data.
2. Use the Tesla browser to log in and listen. This works but only if the browser is open on the screen. Then you can't see maps, etc. Also no steering wheel controls. Pauses when going in gear and at other times. Not a workable option really.

Would love it if there was a way to get a Pandora app in the car. Then I could log into it that way and listen uninterrupted and still use maps. etc like the other streaming apps without having to use my phone and also have the steering wheel control to skip, pause, etc.

Is this something Tesla would have to do or is there another way?

Oh... and where do I insert the music CDs? 😆

Would love it if there was a way to get a Pandora app in the car. Then I could log into it that way and listen uninterrupted and still use maps. etc like the other streaming apps without having to use my phone and also have the steering wheel control to skip, pause, etc.

Is this something Tesla would have to do or is there another way?

You will need to wait to see if tesla ever offers a pandora linkage that way. I dropped pandora and signed up for spotify because I wanted to do what you are describing with pandora (and I had been using pandora for several years and thought it might be time for a change).

Note that it requires a PAID spotify account, and IF tesla ever did this, it would almost certainly require a PAID pandora account. Premium connectivity does not provide you with access to spotify through the car interface unless your account is a paid (not free) one.

Note that it requires a PAID spotify account, and IF tesla ever did this, it would almost certainly require a PAID pandora account. Premium connectivity does not provide you with access to spotify through the car interface unless your account is a paid (not free) one.
Thanks for the info. I have had a paid Pandora account for many years and so it's well trained and my thumbs up and other playlists are huge. I would not want to dump it and not sure I am interested in another paid subscription. Guess I will just wait and see if Tesla ever adds Pandora to their apps. In the meantime, phone it is.