Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Not Working. Car Says it is Subscribed but no Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, this morning I woke up to my car telling me I no longer had Premium Connectivity. It worked yesterday (Jan 3rd), so I was somewhat expecting this. My car was delivered in Nov-18 so I guess I got 3 free days.

From my driveway, I went to Tesla.com on my phone and subscribed to the service. Immediately, in real-time the car had a pop up telling me that I now had Premium Connectivity. The Software sections shows the subscription as valid with a Feb 4 renewal date.

However, I have no features. I can’t steam music over LTE, no satellite imagery, no traffic (no buttons for them either), greyed out browser and Theater, etc. I’ve parked the car for an hour and twice done a full stack reboot.

Not sure what else to do, given the car recognizes the subscription, I don’t think it’s a cloud-side glitch but more of a car software issue. Has anyone found a way to get this going?

Picture shows the car identifying the subscription, however Entertainment is greyed out for example. Sorry about the glare.

2FC96FDE-5162-47B8-8FC8-AE32F2F8598B.jpeg

Last edited:
As the title says, this morning I woke up to my car telling me I no longer had Premium Connectivity. It works yesterday (Jan 3rd), so I was somewhat expecting this.

From my driveway, I went to Tesla.com on my phone and subscribed to the service. Immediately, in real-time the car had a pop up telling me that I now had Premium Connectivity. The Software sections shows the subscription as valid with a Feb 4 renewal date.

However, I have no features. Can’t steam music, not satellite imagery, no Theater, etc. I’ve parked the car for an hour and twice done a full stack reboot.

Not sure what else to do, given the car recognizes the subscription I don’t think it’s a cloud-side glitch but more of a car software issue. Has anyone found a way to get this going?

View attachment 496379

Interesting, went through that process this morning. Had subscribed to premium a couple weeks ago but didn’t have a valid CC on file. Once I updated CC, went out to car and premium was back.

Well hope they get it fixed soon, this is not really a reasonable problem for them to be having.

I won't have to pay for a few more months, but I'm not happy I'll have to pay just to see the regular sat map. I don't use their awful music streaming services and very very rarely watch anything in my car or use the browser.

Btw, if you were trying to hide your VIN, it's not hidden.

After a 1 hr lunch break ironically parked in a garage with really poor cellular coverage, I returned and satellite maps were on when I unlocked the door. The browser also worked, however streaming music was not working. I did a full reboot and the music started working, so after about four hours it seemed to sort itself out.

Reactions: Sherlo
Unfortunately, looks like you are not alone.

Lost Premium Connectivity | Tesla

Clicking that link, the person posted that on december 31st, the same time many of us with the subscription pre subscribed to had it expire anyway.

No premium connectivity even though I’ve paid.... anyone else?

this morning, I saw that I was charged for it so tesla figured out how to charge for it and re enable it (theoretically). OPs issue is slightly different than the thread linked, because he has actually been charged for it, and its not working.

OP I would imagine it should return to normal by tomorrow since tesla is still figuring this out. I have been charged as of today but have not been in my model 3 to drive it in about a week, so no idea if the premium subscription is actually functional now that I have been charged for it.

EDIT: didnt see OP said it has worked itself out after a few hours.

Reactions: Akikiki
I subscribed to premium connectivity 5 days ago. It still says "pending" even though I used my bank account instead of credit card. I still don't have the LTE connectivity for premium services. I called Tesla and they said there is a mandatory 5 to 7 day waiting period for all initial payments to go through for this service. :(

Re-reading your post. Maps would work without connectivity. Do you have traffic with the maps? Because traffic would show connectivity. I believe you don't have connectivity. And its more likely an issue in your account with your CC.

Appreciate the ideas. My car, the website and my cc all show that is on there.I guess I mentioned the maps because when it switched to basic .. all I had was a kind of black and white map interface. And as soon as it switched the color map came back on ... I will have to check tomorrow about traffic as its in the garage now.

Frustrating

Reactions: Akikiki
Appreciate the ideas. My car, the website and my cc all show that is on there.I guess I mentioned the maps because when it switched to basic .. all I had was a kind of black and white map interface. And as soon as it switched the color map came back on ... I will have to check tomorrow about traffic as its in the garage now.

Frustrating

True, terrain maps are only available with premium, so it seems you have some pert of the premium, but maybe the internet is just not working.
You said internet not working. I am assuming you tried more than just the browser, such as streaming music or Netflix(while parked).
It almost sounds like the internet antenna or whatever the car uses for it is not working. Not that it didn't turn on, but it is just plain not working.

Same problem with me. I have premium connectivity but the car does not access the cellular network and there is also no connectivity with my iphone I cannot schedule service because my iphone app cannot connect to the Tesla network. I was able to talk to the person who delivered my car two weeks ago and she said there is a glitch in the Tesla system and that if my car does recover connectivity I should make an unscheduled visit to the service center in Dania Beach.