Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity SR+ in NZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way it's meant to work at the moment is that any SR+ should be getting the Premium Connectivity as an extended trial in NZ until they bring the subscription service here. Once that happens the trial will expire and you'll have to pay a monthly/yearly fee for it.

How long have you had the car? It does sound like you're missing the trial currently. Have you tried doing a reset on the car by holding the break down while also holding both scroll wheels on the steering wheel?

Someone on the Facebook group had a similar issue with a recent delivery. He was going to call Tesla support to see why his car was missing the trial while other SR+ cars in NZ had it but hadn't seen an update on how that went.

Hi there don’t suppose you got yours working, I took delivery early March and have had several software updates, calls to support and deliver but still not premium connectivity. I got the same message from them as you did :(

No joy. I have had a single software update but still no premium connectivity. It is hard to see how configurations between one car and another are so arbitrary. Makes you wonder if it is all done by hand! Unless no SR+ has got it.
Yeah there's definitely a lot of SR+ cars here with premium connectivity at the moment.

Did you email or call? I'd try calling the 0800 number instead as you may find you get put through to the US and they may be more likely to know what is happening.

Yeah there's definitely a lot of SR+ cars here with premium connectivity at the moment.

Did you email or call? I'd try calling the 0800 number instead as you may find you get put through to the US and they may be more likely to know what is happening.

Yea I tried that again today I’m not sure if it went to the US but they gave me the same old story of waiting for a fix from engineering.

I now see that for me:
> Complimentary Period Ending on 18 May 2020
Pity it has never started. I wonder if I subscribe they would manage to work out how to activate it seen they can't work out how to do it for the complimentary period!

If you have unlimited mobile data you can hotspot but the only problem is if you want live traffic visualisation and satellite maps you need premium connectivity.

I don’t know why they do this. You should be getting live traffic visualisation and satellite maps as long as you can hotspot from your phone.

if connectivity cost is reduced for Au, hopefully it's reduced for NZ as well
Australian Tesla Owners on Twitter

EMTAU.jpg