TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium connectivity trial length

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ever34, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Ever34

Ever34 Member

How long is the premium connectivity trial on a new 2020 X. ?

I looked through my account and can’t seem to find any info on the subject.

2. Drlev

Drlev Member

1 year from the date of delivery.

3. Ever34

Ever34 Member

Thank you

4. teethdood

teethdood Member

Tesla will send you an email about it 11 months from delivery date to log in and pay. You won't be forgotten, don't worry :p

5. MrTomP

MrTomP Member

Does the 1 year apply to used? I recently purchased a 2016 and it has the premium connectivity

6. Drlev

Drlev Member

What does it say on the software tab? It should say when your premium connectivity ends, unless it’s free lifetime.

7. studioloft

studioloft Gavin

For those of you who purchased a used Model X what does it report on Tesla.com regarding your Premium Connectivity? I am looking now as I was curious and it just says "Free Unlimited" (screenshot below). Does that imply that it is lifetime?

upload_2020-1-28_10-5-11.png

8. mjptech

mjptech Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV

Connectivity

Yes, as per the above. Any used S or X purchased before January 9th, 2020, will have free lifetime premium connectivity.

9. mjptech

mjptech Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV

Premium Connectivity FREE Unlimited = Free Premium Connectivity. All new vehicles ordered after July 2018 do NOT have it. All Used vehicles ordered on January 9th, 2020 or later do NOT have it.

After your 1 year anniversary of your vehicle, you will have to pay in order to continue to use the Premium features (entertainment/connectivity related).