Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Trial not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not something that can be resolved on your own. If doing a screen reboot (holding the two thumbwheels) doesnt work, and doing a power off in the menu for the car (and letting it sit for at least 10-15 minutes before getting back into it) doesnt work, its something that would need to be resolved by tesla.

Does your car think it has Premium Connectivity? If you look on your screen under Software, you should see 'premium connectivity' if it thinks it has it (should be listed somewhere under the graphic of your car). If it doesn't show it there, then something in your account is not set up correctly.

If it does show premium, can you describe what isn't working?

power off in the menu for the car (and letting it sit for at least 10-15 minutes before getting back into it)
I haven't tried that. I didn't know there was a "Power Off" option in the menus. I'll give that a try. I did hold down both buttons with the brake depressed and that didn't work.

Does your car think it has Premium Connectivity?
Yes, it does. Shows it will expire in April.

If it does show premium, can you describe what isn't working?
I don't get the satellite view on navigation or live traffic. YouTube, Netflix etc show that I need to connect to WiFi when I try to use them.

I haven't tried that. I didn't know there was a "Power Off" option in the menus. I'll give that a try. I did hold down both buttons with the brake depressed and that didn't work.

Yes, it does. Shows it will expire in April.

I don't get the satellite view on navigation or live traffic. YouTube, Netflix etc show that I need to connect to WiFi when I try to use them.

There was another user here who had something similar happen. They kept telling us that "netflix isnt included with premium connectivity" and once we figured out what they were talking about, it was that netflix only worked over wifi for them even with premium connectivity. It turned out there was an issue with the car or the account, I dont remember which.

That particular poster basically kept telling the rest of us we were idiots for saying you could use netflix over the cars cellular connection with premium connectivity, when we kept saying "we can, you might want to get your car checked out", and the end result ended up being something with their car or the account.

I would contact tesla / make a service appointment, if you are unable to use premium connectivity features during your trial and it says you have them.

I would contact tesla / make a service appointment, if you are unable to use premium connectivity features during your trial and it says you have them.
Yea, I guess I'll have to do that. I'm going on my first road trip on Friday and was hoping to have it for that. I guess I'll get it fixed after the trip. I just hope they renew the trial for 30 days. I would truly like to try it out to see if it's worth subscribing too.