Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity - Unable to access BBC iPlayer etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this subject has already been answered in a previous post not able to find any info. So the wife discovered that programs on iPlayer (via the browser) could not be played when using the built in 4G, as the ISP is Dutch I believe. If Tesla want us to pay the 9.99 a month, surely they need to use a UK ISP to offer all local UK Services that are locked down by IP Address.

Maybe worth a Tesla CS call?

M3 SR+

Give this a try from the cars browser:

Tesla TV UK

Should give you access to UK streaming services, nice UI too.

Agree though, Tesla should be using a UK network. The network used is Telefonica in Spain if you ever wondered why you were getting Spanish adverts when watching YouTube.

Give this a try from the cars browser:

Tesla TV UK

Should give you access to UK streaming services, nice UI too.

Agree though, Tesla should be using a UK network. The network used is Telefonica in Spain if you ever wondered why you were getting Spanish adverts when watching YouTube.

I have that link in my favourites and use it to launch iPlayer, have tested and all OK on Wi-Fi (UK IP) wont play on LTE (European IP) I also tested Amazon Prime on same link and get the message unsupported Browser,

Reference supported browsers there appears to be a couple of loopholes. If in LTE mode you open the YouTube app and then search for something like 'Disney Plus' the search box it will return a link at the top that says 'Visit Site'. Click this and you get full screen disney plus functionality that plays content etc!

Reference IP addresses it appears that the system is not dynamic and has a memory of some sort. So, if you create a hotspot on your phone/dongle etc, reset the entertainment system, let it conect to your phone. Load the web browser and it will let you connect to the BBC website where you can play video content like live streaming BBC News etc. The footage will continue to stream on the screen on the web browser even when driving! Be aware though, this is functionality that should have been disabled and should not be attempted on public roads as it is illegal in the UK to drive whilst streaming/viewing footage.