Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Yearly Plan $99

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Confirmed in app:

919809EA-19ED-47C6-9D76-1A614142CE7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw this on reddit looks like there is a yearly option now, good to save $20.

Thanks for posting this! I dont read reddit (or twitter, etc) but normally someone will bring the important stuff here (lol).

I have been waiting for this for a while, as I much prefer paying yearly for this type of thing. I had a little difficulty finding where to do this in the tesla app. For anyone poking around at this like I was, for a few minutes, to change their setting to annually for premium connectivity, try this.

(Tesla app version these steps done on = 4.6.0 -885)

1. Open Tesla app
2. Tap UPGRADES
3. Tap MANAGE (next to gear icon)
4. Ensure ACTIVE tab is selected, then Tap PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY
5. If presented with a billing address screen at this point, verify your billing address and tap SAVE (I got stuck here for a minute. You wont see billing options until you confirm your billing address if this screen presents itself)
6. Tap to switch to the Annual Plan, and then click SUBSCRIBE on the resultant screen

See notice that the annual subscription will begin when your current monthly subscription expires (for me, thats March 4th).

Really appreciate you bringing this information here, @Undisclosed , thanks for sharing!

My free Premium connectivity expires on 9/2/22. Does it make sense to confirm yearly subscription now to lock in the price?

I dont think I would do that, if only because I would want "someone else" to do it first, to ensure it didnt automatically remove my 1 year of premium connectivity. I can confirm that the system correctly states it will start billing after the end of the current monthly subscription date, but I have no idea how tesla handles the "free 1 year trial" in this regard.

TL ; DR .. I wouldnt do it myself until someone else confirms that it works to extend after the end date, otherwise you will be in for a world of hurt trying to get your free connectivity back.

Reactions: thinktwice
My free Premium connectivity expires on 9/2/22. Does it make sense to confirm yearly subscription now to lock in the price?
My one year free premium connectivity was set to expire on 2/1 so I selected the monthly subscription on 1/15. My new plan started on 1/15 and renews each month on that date, not on 2/1. So, I “lost” 2 weeks of free premium connection activity. If I were you I wouldn’t risk it and wait until I’m a lot closer to 9/2.

My one year free premium connectivity was set to expire on 2/1 so I selected the monthly subscription on 1/15. My new plan started on 1/15 and renews each month on that date, not on 2/1. So, I “lost” 2 weeks of free premium connection activity. If I were you I wouldn’t risk it and wait until I’m a lot closer to 9/2.

Thats exactly what I was thinking might happen, if someone had the "free trial" of 1 year. Additionally, since tesla no longer offers a 1 year free trial with any model 3s or Ys (unless your order date pre dates that change), getting someone to "fix it" if the 1 year trial was cut short by someone doing this would likely be very (very) difficult, to impossible.

I agree 10000% with you, I would not try to subscribe early if I had any sort of a free trial, unless I was willing to start paying right then.

Thats exactly what I was thinking might happen, if someone had the "free trial" of 1 year. Additionally, since tesla no longer offers a 1 year free trial with any model 3s or Ys (unless your order date pre dates that change), getting someone to "fix it" if the 1 year trial was cut short by someone doing this would likely be very (very) difficult, to impossible.

I agree 10000% with you, I would not try to subscribe early if I had any sort of a free trial, unless I was willing to start paying right then.
Yeah, I guess it makes sense to just wait until my free subscription runs out. Hopefully they don't pull an FSD and increase the price then.

I dont think I would do that, if only because I would want "someone else" to do it first, to ensure it didnt automatically remove my 1 year of premium connectivity. I can confirm that the system correctly states it will start billing after the end of the current monthly subscription date, but I have no idea how tesla handles the "free 1 year trial" in this regard.

TL ; DR .. I wouldnt do it myself until someone else confirms that it works to extend after the end date, otherwise you will be in for a world of hurt trying to get your free connectivity back.
When you try and buy it annually it shows the start date as the end date of your free trial….

88B7AA90-A149-4633-B403-E9F46DBE67F9.jpeg