Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Yearly Subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another reason for paying for it on a yearly basis (even if there is no discount): there is no grace period when they fail to bill you. I had my premium connectivity disabled in the middle of a vacation trip.

Important thing I learned: the credit card in your account is not the credit card they use for Premium Connectivity. When you change the credit card in your Tesla account, you need to resubscribe to Premium Connectivity to update it's credit card.

I called the Tesla Burbank location where I got my car. They referred me to the 1-888-518-3752 number. They charged my card on file for 12 months and now the car says that it doesn’t expire for another 20 months. Easy. Stop being a smart-a$$ online to random people and just pick up the phone! “Call them”
I just called the 888 number and they said a yearly payment plan is not available in “my area“? How could it be available in some areas but not in others?? I had only one option, pay the monthly plan.

I can see why you would say that, and it would make a difference if we were talking about larger amounts of money, I just like to try to keep my "monthly churn" down. There is a REASON, all these companies want people to think:
====================
"its only $10 a month"... "its only 18.95 a month". "ADT is only $35.00 to $59.99 a month, and thats a small price to pay for protection!!!"

(these are company sales pitches, not my thoughts)
====================

I just dont like paying "$10 a month". I want to make a decision on if I want it enough to pre pay for it for a years time at the total cost that is. "Do i like premium connectivity enough to pre pay $120 a year for it?" Do I value netflix enough to pay, not $15.99 a month, but to pre pay it $192.00?

No, I am not a tesla investor (I dont own a single share). I just have a psychological dislike of "XX a month" as I feel its predatory.
I'm with you on that. I just want to pay for the year and be done with it and not have to see the credit card "churn" (great description_ either.

Reactions: Bobbo8