Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity

dwharrison

Mar 1, 2018
Ajax ON
Just got my update and no more Web or Theater mode without wifi. Cannot find an option to purchase premium connectivity on my
Tesla page.
I see the same. At least streaming still works. Not surprised to see them cut this off but to do so before giving us a chance to purchase premium connectivity?

Nomad2006

Jul 25, 2019
Toronto
I see the same. At least streaming still works. Not surprised to see them cut this off but to do so before giving us a chance to purchase premium connectivity?

I'd be delighted if this allows them to delay introducing the subscription charge in Canada for a while. Turning on wifi hotspot for video is no biggie, but turning it on for music every drive would be a bore.

Reactions: fidodido

trdb

Jun 8, 2019
Nova Scotia
Haven't tried the update yet but would be disappointed with all the connectivity gone and no option to order one.
I wouldn’t update then. You’ll lose access to stream over LTE as others have mentioned. And no one in Canada has the option for paid connectivity package yet either.

Music streaming still works fine tho. For now anyways.

Kappelan

Jul 23, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I wouldn’t update then. You’ll lose access to stream over LTE as others have mentioned. And no one in Canada has the option for paid connectivity package yet either.

Music streaming still works fine tho. For now anyways.

I did the update last night already (before reading about the issue) just haven’t drive anywhere yet.

Hugh Mannity

Mediocre Member
Jul 31, 2014
Calgary, AB
They must of noticed how our ISP's rip us off, and Tesla were being charged alot more for the data then in the US..

yeah I’ve always been curious about that. Assuming our cars all have California based sims in them I wonder how much our Canadian Telco’s charge, (cough,hammer, cough), them?

ShibaRika

Aug 20, 2019
Pitt Meadows
Got in my car to head to my in laws and noticed that my car had the map and traffic buttons.

June 2019 SR+ build, no fsd, and no option to purchase connectivity in the Tesla app.

Theater mode was disabled yesterday and it is back on with LTE. Sweet Christmas surprise from Tesla

Reactions: bookfast

murc585

Jun 27, 2019
Canada
I didn't know Tesla could push configuration updates between software updates although it seems they did. Last night (Dec. 24th) I had nothing but music streaming, tonight (Dec. 25th) all streaming services are back (including Netflix, Youtube, etc) and I now have navigation Satellite View and traffic visualizations on my FSD SR+. Very very awesome.

I really hope this sticks...

Victoria3

Nov 3, 2019
Victoria, BC
I didn't know Tesla could push configuration updates between software updates although it seems they did. Last night (Dec. 24th) I had nothing but music streaming, tonight (Dec. 25th) all streaming services are back (including Netflix, Youtube, etc) and I now have navigation Satellite View and traffic visualizations on my FSD SR+. Very very awesome.

I really hope this sticks...

Until you have to pay for it (which I will).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC