Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a M3 SR+ in Canada (without premium connectivity) and now that they announced this new subscription I suddenly have the ability to stream music. I figured it must be the free trial period but I still have no access to satellite maps or traffic.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I have had a SR+ since early Oct. It was delivered with v10 software which had the streaming music Netflix etc enabled. Despite no info, I knew it wouldn't last but was happy to pay for the service. No satellite maps or live traffic, but if that's included all the more reason to subscribe.

Still waiting to hear anything for Canada...

Can you get all features by using your cell phone data over WiFi?
If it's 14 cdn a month it might make more sense to add more data to your plan.

Yes and No. The streaming music should work over WiFi while driving. The WiFi gets turned off automatically, when you put Tesla into drive. You have to manually turn WiFi on, if you want to use your hotspot. I'm not sure if this would work for traffic visualization and satellite view. I do have premium connectivity package (for now), so I can't tell the difference when it's connected to WiFi. I do use the hotspot to get the latest s/w updates faster.

As a SR+ owner, I don't see myself paying for the premium connectivity.

• I would like to see the live traffic but not available on SR+
  • Streaming with Spotify is very spotty and does not work majority of the time with me
  • YouTube works 100% of the time but I use 5-10 minutes once a week while waiting to pick up a friend, not worth it
  • I don't use the browser
Where is the value?

Also with latest update, my phone is no longer detectable to unlock the doors. I need to manual unlock from the app (even with app open and bluetooth reset, I cannot unlock).