Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I entered an address in Nav (SR+) while I was in an area that didn't have Internet access. It came up with a message something like "Planning route without live traffic information." Made me wonder if it actually is using live traffic data behind the scenes.
It is! Even though it doesn't show the traffic data on the map, it has the data and always uses it to show you the fastest route. The ETA also takes into account the traffic. Compared it with my phone and it's always accurate.

Model S/X owners who bought their car before July 1st, 2018 have free premium connectivity for life.
Supercharging - yes, for life
Premium connectivity - ?

I specifically remember the connectivity being at 4 years. I'm looking for the documentation now. This was a discussion at our owner's meeting, a few years ago, as the guys with 2012 cars were approaching the 4 year mark. We knew that the billing system wasn't set up, and it was probably more of a PITA to enable billing than it was worth. The consensus was that "if it happens - it happens".
Perhaps there was a declaration in 2018 (?) that I missed.

Supercharging - yes, for life
Premium connectivity - ?

I specifically remember the connectivity being at 4 years. I'm looking for the documentation now. This was a discussion at our owner's meeting, a few years ago, as the guys with 2012 cars were approaching the 4 year mark. We knew that the billing system wasn't set up, and it was probably more of a PITA to enable billing than it was worth. The consensus was that "if it happens - it happens".
Perhaps there was a declaration in 2018 (?) that I missed.

I remember this from when I ordered my 75D. Any order placed before July 2018 would get it for life.

From Electrek: "Virtually all cars, except for the base versions of the Model 3, sold before July 2018 have the premium connectivity features included for free for the lifetime of the car."

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 5.49.56 PM.png

I remember this from when I ordered my 75D. Any order placed before July 2018 would get it for life.

From Electrek: "Virtually all cars, except for the base versions of the Model 3, sold before July 2018 have the premium connectivity features included for free for the lifetime of the car."

View attachment 486572

Sadly I ordered mine couple days after July 1 cut-off day. Oh well. I think I might pay this monthly fee to enjoy "all" the features. :(

Hey Tesla! How about you throw into the $10 a month connectivity package the interior ambient lighting for my SR+?

Call it theater lighting if you will

Don't forget rear heated seats! That would make the 10$-15$ per month value worth it for some. Right now, I'll pass and keep using Bluetooth, as (a working) Spotify is the only "premium" feature I would use...

I’d consider $10 but agree $20 is too high. But I suspect they aren’t looking for the price most people will pay. They will want the price that will be most profitable for them. Given the cost to deliver the service $20 might be the number. Tesla would likely be better off with fewer people paying a higher price than almost everyone paying a lower price.

This is dumb. $240 a year that can be replaced easily by your phone and it’s hotspot. Wow, can’t believe people would honestly be okay paying this much for the buggy interface.

Don't forget the wifi gets disabled automatically when you put the car in drive. So to use WIFI hotspot 100% of the time, means renabling wifi each time you put the car into drive. Works if you use it only on special occasion / road trip. For daily use, not so sure...

Wow.

1. I don't say the price is going to be 20 CAD per month.

2. I said that I don't see a problem for myself paying monthly for music streaming, integrated Spotify, Netflix, Youtube. To me it worth the money.

I was paying 40 CAD for lousy 4 gig of data with my Chevy Volt (OnStar). Which were running out in just few days.

$20 seems a bit much, I think I rather just up my cell phone plan and turn on the hotspot

This is dumb. $240 a year that can be replaced easily by your phone and it’s hotspot.

Do you guys live in different Canada? I don't have unlimited plan. With my plan I have to pay about 30 bucks per month to get just a few extra gigs to my data plan. So how much music streaming I can get with 4 gigs of data?