Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just signed up for premium connectivity, everything works except Theater. It's still asking to join a wifi network. Is theater not offered over the LTE connection anymore or is something wrong with my subscription?

Weird, I thought the theater was only supposed to work over WiFi to help ensure it wasn’t used while the car was in motion.

When Tesla initially announced Theater Mode it was only supposed to be temporarily working over LTE and the final product was supposed to be WIFI only regardless of premium connectivity or not. I guess upper management saw the LTE usage over the testing period and decided to enable it permanently to encourage subscriptions to Premium Connectivity.

I thought for sure I was going to have to pay to see Waze maps but I found android auto is not bad on Android phones and sits in the charging dock. It also notifies me for speed traps and traffic. The sound quality of Google play music through Bluetooth is much better, I might not even need to get the connectivity package. Maybe I'll add 8 gig data to my phone instead. Something to consider.

Reactions: Panda1