Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New October 2018 LR model 3.

Subscribed to premium 12/30/19, payment debited from checking 1/7/20.

Premium quit working the 3rd or 4th of this month.

Tesla account showed i wasn’t subscribed Anymore even though I paid and it has come out of my account. I subscribed again yesterday. Shows “Payment Pending” currently.

I’m going to try full Tesla website from desktop and see if it’s any different from mobile site.

anyone in this situation been able to figure it out?

Same thing happened to me. It eventually reset the Subscribe button and I was able to confirm payment using desktop browser. Of course, I was charged $9.99 twice in 2 days for the first month. I called and got help to credit for one, and was just charged $9.99 again for good measure. Expensive month!

Same thing happened to me. It eventually reset the Subscribe button and I was able to confirm payment using desktop browser. Of course, I was charged $9.99 twice in 2 days for the first month. I called and got help to credit for one, and was just charged $9.99 again for good measure. Expensive month!

Haha you got the extra special premium connectivity! After you re subscribed via desktop browser, did it automatically update in your car to premium? Any tricks you had to do to get it to switch over?

The second time I subscribed, I made sure to do it via desktop computer. Used safari browser on MacBook. Maybe that’s my prob lol. What browser did you use? Thanks!

Haha you got the extra special premium connectivity! After you re subscribed via desktop browser, did it automatically update in your car to premium? Any tricks you had to do to get it to switch over?

The second time I subscribed, I made sure to do it via desktop computer. Used safari browser on MacBook. Maybe that’s my prob lol. What browser did you use? Thanks!

I subscribed my wife's Model 3 and it took about 24 hours before her car updated. It's good now. It was not instant.

Reactions: Baszil

I used Chrome desktop. I'm somewhat reluctant to ask their accounting team to "fix" the 3 charges for first month, worried I'll get yet another. Someone doesn't know the difference between a debit and credit.

Reactions: Baszil and Mhoepfin

I will try this workaround tonight.. so far I'm only able to stay on wifi hotspot while driving for long periods if I'm constantly downloading something (like a big software update.. Spotify and TuneIn downloads won't do it.. the hotspot will disconnect)

thank you for this.. if it works it will be a godsend.

(my car shipped with 3G connectivity and I never updated to LTE figuring that Tesla would start charging for premium connectivity at some point so I'd be using a hotspot anyway)

as an aside.. my Tesla support portal says I have premium connectivity for life.. but I purchased new in June 2015 not used..

I will try this workaround tonight.. so far I'm only able to stay on wifi hotspot while driving for long periods if I'm constantly downloading something (like a big software update.. Spotify and TuneIn downloads won't do it.. the hotspot will disconnect)

thank you for this.. if it works it will be a godsend.

(my car shipped with 3G connectivity and I never updated to LTE figuring that Tesla would start charging for premium connectivity at some point so I'd be using a hotspot anyway)

as an aside.. my Tesla support portal says I have premium connectivity for life.. but I purchased new in June 2015 not used..

What type of connectivity does your car say it has when you go to the Software menu? From what you said, you should definitely have premium, so it's probably a software mixup mhar Tesla should be able to correct.

Nothing’s changed about that. It still disconnects from WiFi once you put it in drive, but you can always go back and select the WiFi network again. It’s a little annoying but doable. My big question is whether doing that will re-enable Spotify streaming ability if you have standard connectivity. I’m guessing Slacker is right out since Tesla pays for that but since we bring our own Spotify accounts, one would think we could still stream through the car app if we also brought our own data. I’d love for someone who has reverted to standard connectivity to try this out (I’ve dodged the bullet so far...)

Edit: I was in a time warp and didn’t see later replies, including this answer:

The hotspot option using my iPhone works for me to keep getting Slacker radio. I don't get traffic or satellite maps which is a bit of a nuisance. Not sure it's a nuisance worth $10 per month though.

• Informative
Reactions: Rogue Synapse
Didn’t drive my car over the weekend. It had said December 31, 2019 would stop. It didn’t. I went to the car this morning and wham, no Satellite pictures, no 3g signal. Uhh oh..

took off for work and wham, 5 minutes later while crossing dumbarton bridge, satellite working, Slacker working, click of settings/software and the date is gone and logged into my account online. Whoop, unlimited for life!

not bad for a used 2014 P85+ with 40k miles for $39k back in may.

I should add: since used not CPO, here’s what’s been fixed in the time since May
- Du replacement cost $0
- door handles both front cost $0
- air stakes ($75/x4, because I noticed wear and tear while wrapping the chrome
- two twilights fogged up cost ($0)
- CF spoiler replaced due to being worn out from sun ($150 RPMtesla)
- tomorrow: belt lines trim fix, front passenger louvre, fixed sunroof glass stripping (cost will be $0 I hope)
-yes I took the car with no due bill and was in and out in <10 minutes on pickup. So far Tesla service has been baller and awesome to fix what goes wrong under my 2 yr extended warranty.

ahh well thanks for lifetime SC and slacker too, that second one was set to go away 4yrs right?

and thank god for a nice repair shop that can order me restricted parts. So RFS going back in this weekend. Woot! My car actually has gotten better since purchase!!!!!

Reactions: Rogue Synapse
Say what you want about chargegate, but the $50k I paid earlier this year for my showroom condition used Model S from Tesla with about $5k in window tint and PPF already applied, brand new tires, 29k miles, 4yr/50k mile warranty, free lifetime supercharging and now free lifetime premium connectivity seems like a great value.
I second that. I purchased a used 2015 P85D with >81,000 miles from Tesla For $45,300+$2,000 for shipping from San Diego to Nashville, TN. Before I hit 100,000 miles: replaced rear latch, MCU1 (replacement came with LTE), reworked door handles. I was affected by chargegate and batterygate. Before I got too worked up about the much poorer range and slow charge rate, I got a message that resulted in getting the high voltage battery replaced. Today I picked up my car, but it was no longer a P85D. The about page shows that it is now a P90D and still has free premium connectivity (package included)! And on the same day that my TSLA shares hit an all-time high. Yes, this fan boy became even more so today.

Reactions: AaronE
I managed to get a hold of someone at Tesla and they said that the solar credit can only be applied to Tesla service.

Here's the email response I got: $100 towards the purchase of a Tesla. :)

"Congratulations on the activation of your solar system. The referral credit cannot be used to pay a premium. The referral credit can be used at the showroom for the purchase of a Tesla or Tesla accessories. For additional information on the use of your Tesla Referral Credit, do not hesitate to contact Vehicle Support at 877-798-3752."