Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Forum and Tesla. If I can get on the browser with Premium Connectivity why can't I get Sirius/XM (I have an account) to play in my Model 3 WHILE DRIVING. It plays fine if I am parked. It plays fine on computers, phones, tablets, etc while on SiriusXM.com but not while driving the Model 3.

I have never tried using the web browser to stream audio but why would you want to do this? Wouldn’t it be easier to run XM on your phone and stream it over Bluetooth to the car?

The purpose of the web browser is to provide you with some internet access while parked. It is not intended to be used while driving, so I’m guessing that is why it gets disabled when you take the car out of park. Netflix works the same way.

Reactions: scooter62
What I am getting at is that the M3 allows caraoke while driving (talk about a distraction!)...it also allows streaming music from the streaming button while driving...so what's the difference that it won't allow music from the WEB to play while driving. Very lame! Plus, I can't afford unlimited data.

What I am getting at is that the M3 allows caraoke while driving (talk about a distraction!)...it also allows streaming music from the streaming button while driving...so what's the difference that it won't allow music from the WEB to play while driving. Very lame! Plus, I can't afford unlimited data.

Thats interesting. I havent been able to get caraoke to work while driving, but only took a couple of looks at it. Could you let me know what process flow to do to do that?

Just so you are aware, there is no such thing as unlimited data. If you read the fine print, they will cap you at 56k modem speeds after a certain data amount.

What carrier throttles you back to 56K? I’ve never heard of throttling that much from any carrier. My plan includes 50GB of data at high speed before they have the right to slow me down. The most I’ve ever used in a busy month is 3GB.

What carrier throttles you back to 56K? I’ve never heard of throttling that much from any carrier. My plan includes 50GB of data at high speed before they have the right to slow me down. The most I’ve ever used in a busy month is 3GB.

My cellular plan includes lines for my wife , my sister (who I am helping out by providing her a cellular line) and my adult, living on her own daughter (same deal, im still paying for the line because I always have).

While my wife and I, use less than 2-3 gb of data a month, my sister (who is 35) uses like 10-12 and my daughter (27) uses like 15-20 (GB). Neither one of them make much effort to be on wifi all the time like I do, and my daughter is constantly streaming youtube, accessing instagram, etc etc on her phone.

There are also people who basically try to use their cellular devices hotspot as their home internet. Doesnt take too many netflix / amazon video episodes of something to run that data total up. Saying all that, they can throttle back to 3g speeds, which is still not "56k".. not even close.

Reactions: OCR1
My cellular plan includes lines for my wife , my sister (who I am helping out by providing her a cellular line) and my adult, living on her own daughter (same deal, im still paying for the line because I always have).

While my wife and I, use less than 2-3 gb of data a month, my sister (who is 35) uses like 10-12 and my daughter (27) uses like 15-20 (GB). Neither one of them make much effort to be on wifi all the time like I do, and my daughter is constantly streaming youtube, accessing instagram, etc etc on her phone.

There are also people who basically try to use their cellular devices hotspot as their home internet. Doesnt take too many netflix / amazon video episodes of something to run that data total up. Saying all that, they can throttle back to 3g speeds, which is still not "56k".. not even close.

You'll get throttled to speeds where you can't stream anything even at 144p, and you can barely load a basic website like Ebay. More like 128kbps, or twice as fast as 56k, but it's still unusable unless for an emergency and you are willing to wait for basic stuff to load.

• Funny
Reactions: valaeyron
New to Forum and Tesla. If I can get on the browser with Premium Connectivity why can't I get Sirius/XM (I have an account) to play in my Model 3 WHILE DRIVING. It plays fine if I am parked. It plays fine on computers, phones, tablets, etc while on SiriusXM.com but not while driving the Model 3.

I would say you can't really do anything with Tesla web browser and pay any attention to the road while driving. The Tesla browser also appears to be pretty slow. And I am not sure if the browser supports whatever is needed to play SiriusXM.

Tesla has TuneIn where you can find basically any kind of station you want, also Spotify is available.

I would say you can't really do anything with Tesla web browser and pay any attention to the road while driving. The Tesla browser also appears to be pretty slow. And I am not sure if the browser supports whatever is needed to play SiriusXM.

Tesla has TuneIn where you can find basically any kind of station you want, also Spotify is available.
Yet they allow Caraoke AND the lyrics while driving!!!!!