Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
United States
Just realized on my latest road trip when I hit a traffic tie up that the connectivity enhancement of the navigation map only adds red or yellow to the route to indicate a slow down... in "real" google maps it shows red or yellow and shows how much of a delay the tie up causes in minutes... so... even less reason to worry about not having connectivity!

Keith

chyuan

Jul 31, 2021
Orange County CA
Just realized on my latest road trip when I hit a traffic tie up that the connectivity enhancement of the navigation map only adds red or yellow to the route to indicate a slow down... in "real" google maps it shows red or yellow and shows how much of a delay the tie up causes in minutes... so... even less reason to worry about not having connectivity!

Keith
IMO during navigation it's kinda hard to see the traffic visualization anyway since it just adds a small red/yellow around the blue route, instead of the regular Google map that puts the traffic color in the middle and blue around it.

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
United States
IMO during navigation it's kinda hard to see the traffic visualization anyway since it just adds a small red/yellow around the blue route, instead of the regular Google map that puts the traffic color in the middle and blue around it.
Yup. No way am I paying for connectivity since I don't use satellite view and the traffic alert is virtually useless.

Keith

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC