Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2023 Model Y 8 days ago, and I am really enjoying driving it, and excited to be a part of this community. I do have a question regarding an issue that I don't understand. I received a 30-day free trial of Premium Connectivity and have been offered to subscribe to it for $99 per year. If I don't subscribe, it seems that I will lose the use of Sentry Mode - View Live Camera. This is probably something that I would like to retain. But even more importantly, it seems that I would lose Live Traffic Visualization, and I am not sure exactly what this is. Is this what produces the on-screen visualization of cars in my blind spot travelling in the lanes on either side of me on the highway? Can anyone please elaborate on describing Live Traffic Visualization?
Thanks, PeachY

My car was purchased in a funny circumstance. Someone bought it to flip, and traded it into the dealer that I ultimately bought it from with 60 miles on the clock.

It was sold in October, and the car has a 12-month premium plan. Yet when I look around online, everything suggests that Tesla went back to 30 days back in 2021. Just out of curiosity, did this change back at some point, or did the super short-term previous owner of my car pay for a subscription? The guy removed and sold the license frame and 1772 adapter, so that seems tough to believe.

My car was purchased in a funny circumstance. Someone bought it to flip, and traded it into the dealer that I ultimately bought it from with 60 miles on the clock.

It was sold in October, and the car has a 12-month premium plan. Yet when I look around online, everything suggests that Tesla went back to 30 days back in 2021. Just out of curiosity, did this change back at some point, or did the super short-term previous owner of my car pay for a subscription? The guy removed and sold the license frame and 1772 adapter, so that seems tough to believe.
Pretty sure that premium plan was paid by your previous owner. Knowing how Tesla handle transfers, you got the upside. Good W

Yet if you pay monthly, it will cost you $9.99/mo

1 Year = 12 months = 365 and 1/4 days.

$99.00 per year is the same as $99 for 12 months.

Dividing $99.00 by 12 equals $8.25

Perhaps Martian years have only 10 months.

Premium Connectivity costs $9.99 per month (plus tax) when you pay monthly. By purchasing 12 months of Premium Connectivity you save $119.88 - $99.00 = $20.88; $20.88/$119.88 = 17.4% (the discount for paying for 12 months in advance.)

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Noflash and Mike_TV

Depends on when they reserved the car. I reserved my last one in July of 21, but took delivery in December and I got a free year of connectivity. If they found a way to delay delivery it could have come with a free year of connectivity subscription.

Tesla used to allow you to put your order on hold for a very long time.

• Informative
Reactions: TomB985
Has anybody else had problem getting the streaming (slacker radio) to log you in. I select use vehicle account, and then takes me to a sign in screen. Can’t pull up any favourites from previous vehicle.
Yes, I have the same problem. I was reading another thread where they said you have to contact the Service Center and they have to push an update to your car. I haven’t called the service center yet.