TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Premium Console Waiting List

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SF_Ben, Apr 16, 2014.

1. SF_Ben

SF_Ben Member

#1 SF_Ben, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    When I picked up my car a few weeks back I asked about the status of customers on the waiting list for the premium console (I got added back in mid Feb when I ordered my car.) I was told that it will be a few more months and that they will fulfill all waiting list customers before selling them and that it will be in order of when you were placed on the list, not in order of when you bought your car.

Anyway, just curious who has received theirs and when you were put on the list. Hoping to narrow down when I might get mine.

Thanks so much...

2. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

I ordered the console the same day I confirmed my MS85. My MS85 is slated for delivery in late May, and I was told that I'm looking at the November timeframe for the console.

3. Twoeagle

Twoeagle Member

I am #1215 on the waitlist out of over 3500 customers. "We estimate that the console will be available to ship to you in April/May time frame". Dont remember exactly when I got on the list. This message I recieved in february.

4. gnelson

gnelson Member

I was #140. My console was the first installation in Houston. I got on the wait list at the Huntsville, TX SC ribbon cutting.

5. Twoeagle

Twoeagle Member

Satisfied with the quality? It is not real leather?

6. tliving

tliving Member

I got on the wait list when I ordered/confirmed on 3/7/14. They said it wouldn't be available until August.

7. Mahedy

Mahedy Member

I was 100, and the first install in the NY area. Wrote a thorough review to the team with my concerns. They have since halted the production of PCC. They felt they were missing some parts. I will definitely update when the revisions have been made. I wouldn't get your hopes up for an on time delivery. I ordered last June and was told before the end of the year. I didn't have it installed until February.

But to answer your question, the material is the same material that lines the empty space now. The fake leather that feels fairly nice.

8. gnelson

gnelson Member

I am completely satisfied. I suspect it may not be real leather.

9. selsrog

selsrog Member

Ordered it on the first of April (I know ;-)).
    Don't know which number I have on the list, but instead got this feedback.
    'We estimate that the console will be available to those recently added to the list in October. '

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ordered 10/16/13 and no news on delivery date as yet.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Reached out to Tesla and got a reply immediately, here's an extract:

Should be getting an update on timing in a couple of weeks.

12. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Ordered mine on the 7th and got the same reply, except it said "November".

13. Madartist

Madartist Member

I got on the waiting list on the same day as Nigel. I emailed them as well a couple of weeks ago and received an identical reply. I recall that one owner from the first batch reported that the iPhone connector seems to be too tight to fit the phone when the it's in a case. @gnelson: Have you found that to be the case? Hopefully, the delay is being used to improve this particular aspect of the product further.

14. aaron0k

aaron0k Member

That appears to be the case. This is the response I recently received:

"Unfortunately, there has been a hold on shipping and installing the consoles for the past several weeks.
    Tesla has identified additional parts that need to be fitted to the Premium Center Console to further improve the product. These parts are currently being tested and we should have them available soon. We will be sending out an update in approximately two weeks when we have more specific information available and an update on the delivery timing."

15. gnelson

gnelson Member

Mine has a connector for my Nokia Windows phone. I had to remove the case to connect the phone.

16. Madartist

Madartist Member

Thanks. That seems to be what others have experienced as well. I'm sure you must find it very inconvenient to have to remove the case every time you want to connect the phone.

17. gnelson

gnelson Member

No it isn't inconvenient because i left the case off. The phone is easier to use without the case. for example it is easier to remove it from my pocket. I like the feel of the phone without the case.

18. SlyWombat

SlyWombat Member

I am waiting for my console as well, but since my Nokia has the wireless charging, I was hoping I could retro the charging plate into the console.

19. gnelson

gnelson Member

I have a Windows phone connector and have had no issues with my console. I did remove the case to be able to dock it in the console. I like my Nokia Lumia 920 better without the case. It is easier to get out of my pocket now. .I am very lucky to be one of 3 in Houston to have the console.

20. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I have not seen this mentioned in about a month and was wondering if ANYONE has heard anything? I would really like this in my car before I make my 9,000 mile summer trek out to Tesla Connect and back???