Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Console Waiting List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 18 months without it, I'm ambivalent at this point. I'll go look at it once it's available, but it's getting harder to feel like spending the money is worth it. I've gotten really used to using the open space as a corral for larger items (balled up light jacket, chinese takeout, wife's purse). Things I used to set on the passenger seat or floor in other cars which would then slide around madly on start/stop.

After 18 months without it, I'm ambivalent at this point. I'll go look at it once it's available, but it's getting harder to feel like spending the money is worth it. I've gotten really used to using the open space as a corral for larger items (balled up light jacket, chinese takeout, wife's purse). Things I used to set on the passenger seat or floor in other cars which would then slide around madly on start/stop.

Same here. I thought I would buy it right away, but find myself enjoying the open space.

I've gotten used to the placement - but the two cupholders are too close together - making it interesting when using two large cups at the same time.

Also looking forward to replacing the software black bag I'm using for storage in the console tray - with something that looks built-in, and appropriate for a car in this price range.

Only concern is about charging my smartphone. The new Galaxy S5 has a charging port cover (to provide protection from water) - and I suspect that I can't use the built-in microUSB charging solution of the console, even when the charging port cover is open on the phone - so I'll have to continue using a cable to connect to my phone.

The only thing I hate about Model S is the stupid placement of the cupholders (and the lack of rear seat cupholders). That alone is worth the center console to me..
I've gotten used to the placement - but the two cupholders are too close together - making it interesting when using two large cups at the same time.
Yep, +1 on both of those. Silly as it may sound, a better location and better cup holders may be the thing that makes me get the center console.

The only thing I hate about Model S is the stupid placement of the cupholders (and the lack of rear seat cupholders). That alone is worth the center console to me..

That and a place to set my iPhone are the main reasons.

I do like the open space, but I actually use the armrest, so the current cupholders are annoying as heck.

And I'm still hoping for some sort of iPhone integration in 6.0, so a good locations to plug the phone in will be nice.

That and a place to set my iPhone are the main reasons.

I do like the open space, but I actually use the armrest, so the current cupholders are annoying as heck.

And I'm still hoping for some sort of iPhone integration in 6.0, so a good locations to plug the phone in will be nice.

2 days with my car and already all these reasons are why I'm on the center console waiting list.

Figured that would be the case so I got on the waiting list when I confirmed back in early April. I was told "November" for center console delivery.

I received this update two days ago:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, we do not have any new information regarding the Premium Center Console at this time and we are still experiencing the hold on shipping and installing the consoles. We hope to have an official update soon, so we can provide you, and all of our customers, with more information about the status of the console. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Krista"

At this rate we will see the Model X before either the console or the CHAdeMO adapter.

My last contact about a week ago with Service was that they had not received any new consoles. I am #155 on the list and was told mid June. Good joke, but I already knew the punch line. I suspect someone ahead of me will let us know when they are contacted.

How did you find out what number you are? I received my June announcement but there is no sign of where I am on the list. Thanks.

My guess is the console is canceled.

I don't think it's cancelled based on the latest email correspondence. The high number of owners on the waiting list certainly demonstrates a strong demand for this product. On the other hand, a delay due to the need to verify safety of the new design through crash testing makes sense to me. Let's hope for release soon...