Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lerxt

Feb 21, 2014
Australia
If any of you are interested I requested to buy the premium console and received the following.

Thank you for your interest in the Tesla Model S Premium Center Console. We added you to the waitlist for a console with the carbon fiber décor to match your interior. We estimate that the console will be available to those recently added to the list in August. We will contact you as soon as the console is available.
Please find below the pricing and availability information that was sent to customers on the waitlist last month.

Depending on décor choice, the Premium Center Console ranges from $600-$800 as an option with new vehicle orders and from $800-$1000 as a service installed aftermarket accessory. The difference in price is due to increased expense related to shipping and installation time at the local Tesla service center.

As an early Model S owner we recognize that the Premium Center Console option was not available at the time you ordered. Therefore, we are offering you the Premium Center Console at the new vehicle order price. Shipping and service installation are complimentary.

Detailed pricing for each décor style:
<image001.png>

We are also offering the iPhone 5/S lightning cable dock kit or the micro USB dock kit at no additional charge. There will not be a dock kit available for phones that use other charging cables (iPhone 4, etc.).

We are excited to announce that we have the first console samples installed in our Model S and we are going forward with production. The production rate will take some time to ramp up and the first few batches of consoles will be small. In the next couple of weeks we will start sending out emails to those at the top of the waitlist with links to place orders for the console, and we will begin delivering the first batch of consoles shortly after that. We do not have the exact delivery timing for each waitlist entry so please bear with us as we work our way down the list and send out ordering information as more consoles become available.

I asked if it would be delivered already installed, as I an expecting 3rd quarter delivery, and they said we will if it's ready in time.

Those are USD, not HKD right?

I am not really sure about it - I was excited about not having anything between the seats, to really emphasise that there is no transmission, gearbox or other ICE car artefacts in an electric car.

Also, I don't remember seeing it on the spec page - is this something you have to order directly via email?

Now that I finalised, I am curious if there are other things, besides financing, insurance and charging, that I might want to start thinking about.

Those are USD, not HKD right?

I am not really sure about it - I was excited about not having anything between the seats, to really emphasise that there is no transmission, gearbox or other ICE car artefacts in an electric car.

Also, I don't remember seeing it on the spec page - is this something you have to order directly via email?

Now that I finalised, I am curious if there are other things, besides financing, insurance and charging, that I might want to start thinking about.

Agree with DITB. Not having things there sounds very Tesla-like. Since there is the arm rest which let me put cups, I think that should be enough for me. As for coins and cash when passing tunnels, I will keep them in my pocket.

It's on the US page. There is an email link.

Where else am i going to put my coffee and iPhone?

So it's USD then. Makes sense.

I rarely drink when I drive, I mean any drink, of course no alcohol, and my iPhone will be heads up display informing me of traffic congestions and other traffic hazards :rolleyes:, possibly using the Waze app.

If any of you are interested I requested to buy the premium console and received the following.

I asked if it would be delivered already installed, as I an expecting 3rd quarter delivery, and they said we will if it's ready in time.

Thanks for info! I need that. You're good man / lady :smile: