TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Premium Front Console docked iPhone during takeoff?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Koryin, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Koryin

Koryin Member

Any possible damage to docked iPhones with Tesla's Premium Front Console during launches? It looks like it might bend the connector a bit.

2. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

So far, so good.

3. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

My iPhone 6+ would fly backwards with an 85D. I asked for and got the plastic plug (apparently part of the kit that is not normally given to buyers when the console is installed) to replace the lightening connector and just use an Apple cable for occasional charging now.

4. paul7200

paul7200 Member

I've had no problems either, with the iPhone 6 or my wife's heavier 6+. Love the console.

5. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I had a Nexus 5 with Spigen case plugged in and floored it on the on-ramp. Phone ripped back damaging the plug and bending the connector about 45 degrees. I would not leave anything in there that has a screen 5" or larger.

6. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

I removed the plug from its mount and let the phone lay free in the compartment while charging.