TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Premium" Interior accent lighting ... an opportunity for some enhancements

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Dbitter1, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Dbitter1

Dbitter1 Journeyman Member

My beautiful P85D is my first Tesla. And... in nearly every aspect, she does not disappoint, and I'd buy 'er it again in a heartbeat.

HOWEVER... for such an engineering marvel... for so many aspects of the vehicle.... the "accent lighting" is pretty sad. It is relatively dim (but not dimmABLE); and it is also white.

For an LED... where a $10 bulb can do all the colors under the rainbow*, as well as raise and lower luminosity, I guess I expected more. I somehow picture something more like Virgin Airlines, other than I get to pick the color of the interior cabin.

I suppose I could rig up something, but probably won't be able to rig it to be controlled from the center console anytime soon. :(

Has anyone else found it lacking, and stepped in to help pimp the interior?

* RGB Remote | G-LUX Accessories | LED Landscape Spot & Flood Lights | LED Landscape Lighting | Super Bright LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

2. sperrysburg

sperrysburg Member

This may be a little ghetto but for $50 you can get the LEDGlow interior lighting system that includes a small wireless controller to easily turn four or more LED flexible light strips off and on as well as changing the color (including white).

3. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Premium lighting dimming control is tied to the screen brightness control. At least it is in my car, which included the "premium" accent lighting, as there was not a premium lighting package when I got the car.

4. sickfox

sickfox Member

This is good to know. I'm playing around with this tonight!

I agree with the OP. Now that I think about it, Virgin Airlines has premium lighting installed. :smile: