Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Interior Lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the interior lighting with a pano roof, the MS doesn't have any lighting in the center area or sides, right? What about reading lights in the front? I forget if there were any. What about light for the backseat area? Is there enough lighting at night? I'm wondering if the Premium Interior Lighting is worth the $1000 if there isn't any other lighting. Thoughts?

Last edited:
About the interior lighting with a pano roof, the MS doesn't have any lighting in the center area or sides, right? What about reading lights in the front? I forget if there were any. What about light for the backseat area? Is there enough lighting at night? I'm wondering if the Premium Interior Lighting is worth the $1000 if there isn't any other lighting. Thoughts?

Premium Interior Lighting is *not* worth $1000. It's not even worth $200. its just puddle lights and lights on the doors. I would never have paid for it if it wasn't free. Front-map/rear-reading lights are standard. There are 2 lights in the front center, aka "map lights" and one light on each side in the rear above the door, aka "reading lights".

MS has map lights up front and rear reading lights. I have the lighting package and like it. I think it's over valued at $1,000, but I feel they accent the interior nicely and make it feel more like a luxury car on the inside.

MS has map lights up front and rear reading lights. I have the lighting package and like it. I think it's over valued at $1,000, but I feel they accent the interior nicely and make it feel more like a luxury car on the inside.

I like it too, but it came included with my "Tech Package" at the time. $1,000 ($1,100 in Canada) is crazy for what you get. I had no idea the stand-alone package was that much until I read this thread.

I have the lighting package which came as part of my P upgrade and before the options were broken up. It's certainly nice to have, especially the LED strip lights under the door arm rests. Those door lights stay on while you are driving at night, giving a nice ambience to the interior of the vehicle. However, if I were ordering the car today, I would not get the lighting package. I would miss it, certainly, but it's not worth $1,000. I'd rather put that $1,000 towards fog lights and parking sensors, which will give you much more useful features for the same price.

Our car - non tech package, from May - has interior lights on the doors, in addition to the standard reading/map lights. Are these lights no longer standard? Or does the lighting upgrade add lights other than these?

Personally, I think the lights we have look hella classy, but I sure wouldn't spend $1000 for a few LEDs. Tesla is kind of out of control with some of these option prices, but as a stockholder, I can't blame them for making a profit if people are willing to pay.

I have the lighting package which came as part of my P upgrade and before the options were broken up. It's certainly nice to have, especially the LED strip lights under the door arm rests. Those door lights stay on while you are driving at night, giving a nice ambience to the interior of the vehicle. However, if I were ordering the car today, I would not get the lighting package. I would miss it, certainly, but it's not worth $1,000. I'd rather put that $1,000 towards fog lights and parking sensors, which will give you much more useful features for the same price.

I got the light package the same way, I think the lights under the door arm rests can be set to turn off while driving (if you want)

Our car - non tech package, from May - has interior lights on the doors, in addition to the standard reading/map lights. Are these lights no longer standard? Or does the lighting upgrade add lights other than these?

When I got my car in March, they were supposed be part of the Tech Package. I think Tesla has not always been consistent with the options. For instance, my car also came with front and rear door puddle lights as well as rear footwell lights which were not mentioned at all in any of the literature at the time.