Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Internet Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm bouncing back and forth on new Model 3 vs newer S to replace my S. The current car has free premium internet which is nice for the maps and traffic.

Does anyone know the current UK tax monthly price of internet if I get a used S?

£9.99/month. I had unlimited on my Model S. The extra features and speed of my Model Y make internet things worth having... when I need them.

For trips and holidays I subscribe for a month. This is great for using the satellite pictures to better locate where you're meant to be. I stop the sub when I'm doing mostly local or other driving. at £9.99/month it is modest enough that I wonder about just letting it roll, but then think 'hey, that's £10 I could spend on books'.

As folks say, if, for some reason, you need to watch YouTube or Disney+ while stopped and you are not subscribed you can connect to your phone's hotspot.

Honestly just use a hotspot if you want "premium" features. There's also a setting in which you can enable wifi to be connected even when you're driving. To use "Remain Connected While in Drive," tap on the WiFi icon and go to WiFi Settings. Choose the WiFi network you'd like to remain connected to while in drive. Then turn on the 'Remain Connected in Drive' option. So yeah, with you're phone's hotspot you can save 10 quid a month and still get all the premium connectivity features

I went without after they found a way of charging leased/company vehicles but soon got fed up with tethering my phone to listen to Spotify and I missed the traffic/sat view. Each to their own I guess. Karaoke is the work of he who walks backwards.