TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium Package now standard for all Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tdzzxx, Jul 20, 2018.

1. tdzzxx

tdzzxx Member

Tesla raised the base price but by less than what PUP was going for as an option.

Which sucks if you ordered a Model S with PUP before this enhancement and will now take delivery in a couple weeks paying $2500 more than if you ordered today for the exact same car . You know, like the idiot writing this post ...

• Funny x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

3. tktktk

tktktk Member

#3 tktktk, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Ask for an adjustment.

4. croman

croman Active Member

If you haven't taken delivery yet they should adjust the price. That's how it was handled in the past. This is business as usual for Tesla and it can be awesome or somewhat of an irritant. You always get exactly what you paid for but sometimes you get more or pay less.

• Helpful x 1
  5. ba2002

ba2002 Member

Man, now do I keep my M3 performance order...or get a 75D...they just narrowed the gap another 15%.

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Keep what u ordered :eek:

• Like x 1
  7. Vic_F

Vic_F Member

Ordered 6/30; for $2K more I now want the premium package. I wonder if they will do it without a change fee. What do y'all think?

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Call an take one for the team and let everyone know ;)

• Funny x 1
  9. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

This seemed inevitable - the PUP was almost comically overpriced for what it included.

• Like x 1
  10. dethman

dethman Member

Yet people kept paying for it.

• Funny x 2
  11. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

This is probably all about standardizing these model builds while getting some extra cash ...I remember the configurator when I got my first S (2013) the amount of stuff you could throw on individually :oops:

• Like x 1
  12. ohm-ms

ohm-ms Member

13. whitex

whitex Active Member

#13 whitex, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Darn, if I only waited 3 months, could have saved $2,500. :oops:
    I am being sarcastic of course. I agreed to pay a price and got what I paid for. From prior TMC experience I expect there to be a bunch of posts about how unfair it is - this time I am actually in that situation where I "just missed" the price decrease by 3 months, so don't have to speak hypothetically - "if it was me...".

EDIT: Here they go, in a parallel thread ;). Premium Package now standard for all Model S

14. ba2002

ba2002 Member

They keep making the P3D vs S75D harder for me. At 20k apart I had decided on model 3.....now <20k....

15. whitex

whitex Active Member

I picked up PUP 3 months ago solely for the winter package. In the past I picked up PUP just for power liftgate. There was almost always something missing from the car that made people buy PUP anyways. It makes total sense to include it with Model S, now that budget buyers have the option of Model 3.

• Like x 1
  16. whitex

whitex Active Member

P3D should be higher margin for Tesla. That's probably why they got rid of non-PUP S75D - increase the margins without losing customers, who will simply drop from S to 3.

17. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

Maybe worth a shot I. I wish I had wiated a couple months did not get the pup and I would have now. Sucks but can't see the future.

18. Flyguy

Flyguy Member

In the grand scheme of things not a very big deal. I have one of the last S75 RWD ordered July 2017, only upgrade I ordered was paint. I pulled the trigger because they just made so many other things standard:
    Glass Roof
    Air suspension
    Next generation seats
    Premium interior lighting
    Hi amp charger
    Power liftgate
    Oh, and one second faster than the previous Version.

You are getting an amazing car for cheaper than you can get it now. Be happy you did not have to pay more!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

Moderator note: merged two threads on the same topic.

Bruce.

• Like x 2
  20. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

I asked about the new base pricing increase but includes PUP with a total difference in decreased pricing. Since I haven’t taken delivery yet, asked to get the lower price. They said corporate has said no to that due contract already signed for the other price.

• Informative x 1