Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Package now standard for all Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of people are getting a better deal than i did. I paid $83k for a 60 RWD with PUP, add another $2k for the 75 upgrade. And i remember back then the 75 upgrade before i bought my car was $7k extra or something along those lines, so really feel bad for those people who bought 75 RWDs for nearly $90k.

Now you can get the same config in a 75D for less. Am i sore? meh not really.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkKW
Ordered the S on june 30th. Still "in production" and I ordered the premium upgrade, does this mean that I will get the price reduction, or do I actively have to pursue it myself?

I am in the same boat; ordered MX 5 weeks ago with the premium, now the same car is $3,500 less (with the referral). After talking to my sales rep, he says nothing we can do, in fact he suggested as an option to cancel the order and put the new one in, but I would still loose the original deposit. This seams very unfair to all current order holders. I am escalating this to the sales manager, but perhaps we can all come together and let someone at Tesla know that is not a good practice? They could at the very least offer us: maintenance for a few years, upgraded wheels, some goodies form the Tesla shop, etc. What do you all think?

Reactions: MarkKW
In the grand scheme of things not a very big deal. I have one of the last S75 RWD ordered July 2017, only upgrade I ordered was paint. I pulled the trigger because they just made so many other things standard:
Glass Roof
Air suspension
Next generation seats
Premium interior lighting
Hi amp charger
Power liftgate
Oh, and one second faster than the previous Version.

You are getting an amazing car for cheaper than you can get it now. Be happy you did not have to pay more!
and adaptive headlights... :)

Reactions: Flyguy
Tesla owner if that’s how they take care of their customers shelling out $90k+ for a car.

...I see that your new to Tesla ..since they don’t have “model years” this has been common practice with incremental upgrades ...adding features as standard etc ..you can never time the purchase ...I myself missed MCU2 earlier this year ...few years back I had a P85D for all of 6mos before they introduced the 90 battery...same thing happened end of 2016 when they went from 90 to 100 ...;)

I get your point but I think there’s a difference if a car is still in production versus after you take ownership of it. Ostensibly they’ll turn around and sell the same car on the same day to some other person for $3700 less than me?

When you’re new to buying a Tesla, you’re putting faith that the company will deliver on its promises of FSD (since most are paying for that feature). While the sales and R&D departments have nothing in common, a bad experience in one makes you not want to trust the other and just stick with the ICE companies in general.

Reactions: Pentium2004
I know the math is different south of the border, but for Canadians like me cancelling and reordering seems like a no brainier, especially if you recently ordered. $2,500 lost deposit vs $3,500 price difference. I can wait an extra month to save $1,000.
I’m in a different situation though. Tesla bought my car back so I’m currently in their loaner. Doubt if they’d let me keep it another month since I’ve had it 3 months now.

I know the math is different south of the border, but for Canadians like me cancelling and reordering seems like a no brainier, especially if you recently ordered. $2,500 lost deposit vs $3,500 price difference. I can wait an extra month to save $1,000.
Cancel the order on delivery day, your car becomes inventory and already at your location ready for delivery. Order that invetory car. In you're lucky, there will be an inventory discount too. :)

Last edited:

Keep in mind the new rate only includes updates and maps, streaming for 1 year...not 4 or 8 years.
There is a huge difference once one has to start paying for software updates and functionality.

Attachments

• 6325898C-20FA-4135-86DA-A1B5E99B5656.png
    6325898C-20FA-4135-86DA-A1B5E99B5656.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
Isn't it ironic people are complaining that Tesla wont change their order. I bet if Tesla raised the prices on certain items and made them optional nobody would complain about Tesla not changing their order to match today's pricing.

In fact, so many people on here complain what they get is not what they ordered (see the new wood trim on the creme colored seats) for example. All of the sudden, Tesla honors the original contract and they're a horrible car company. haha.

A lot of people are getting a better deal than i did. I paid $83k for a 60 RWD with PUP, add another $2k for the 75 upgrade. And i remember back then the 75 upgrade before i bought my car was $7k extra or something along those lines, so really feel bad for those people who bought 75 RWDs for nearly $90k.

Now you can get the same config in a 75D for less. Am i sore? meh not really.
hahaha.. I'd be in that bucket of people who got 75 RWD close to 90k. I've learned with Tesla, it's like electronics where prices and configuration changes every other months or so. so oh well, no hard feelings.

the more Tesla around the merrier.. :)

Reactions: PrGrPa and P85_DA