Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Package now standard for all Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you haven't taken delivery yet they should adjust the price. That's how it was handled in the past. This is business as usual for Tesla and it can be awesome or somewhat of an irritant. You always get exactly what you paid for but sometimes you get more or pay less.

• Helpful
Reactions: tdzzxx
This is probably all about standardizing these model builds while getting some extra cash ...I remember the configurator when I got my first S (2013) the amount of stuff you could throw on individually :oops:

Reactions: xyeahtony
Darn, if I only waited 3 months, could have saved $2,500. :oops:
I am being sarcastic of course. I agreed to pay a price and got what I paid for. From prior TMC experience I expect there to be a bunch of posts about how unfair it is - this time I am actually in that situation where I "just missed" the price decrease by 3 months, so don't have to speak hypothetically - "if it was me...".

EDIT: Here they go, in a parallel thread ;). Premium Package now standard for all Model S

Last edited:
I picked up PUP 3 months ago solely for the winter package. In the past I picked up PUP just for power liftgate. There was almost always something missing from the car that made people buy PUP anyways. It makes total sense to include it with Model S, now that budget buyers have the option of Model 3.

Reactions: mongo
Maybe worth a shot I. I wish I had wiated a couple months did not get the pup and I would have now. Sucks but can't see the future.

In the grand scheme of things not a very big deal. I have one of the last S75 RWD ordered July 2017, only upgrade I ordered was paint. I pulled the trigger because they just made so many other things standard:
Glass Roof
Air suspension
Next generation seats
Premium interior lighting
Hi amp charger
Power liftgate
Oh, and one second faster than the previous Version.

You are getting an amazing car for cheaper than you can get it now. Be happy you did not have to pay more!

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa and P85_DA