Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Package now standard for all Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the Premium Connectivity Package that costs extra. Standard connectivity package is free, and you can still get updates over WiFi (maybe not maps, it's not 100% clear).
Tesla is finally going to start charging for Mobile Internet

So premium will include streaming and live maps. I believe that’s what it referred to. So a standard connectivity (which isn’t really mentioned) would get you radio and a gps map with no real time traffic I guess. Not sure if they made the distinction between standard and premium other than what was written.

So at first glance seems like a nice 3k discount off the previous pricing however I’d like to know how much they plan to charge for the premium connectivity per year or per month once the year is up.

hahaha.. I'd be in that bucket of people who got 75 RWD close to 90k. I've learned with Tesla, it's like electronics where prices and configuration changes every other months or so. so oh well, no hard feelings.

the more Tesla around the merrier.. :)

Not just electronics. This applies to every other car as well. Once it's out, you will have to pay close to MSRP to get it, once it's 6 years old, there are tons of cash on the hood deals and finance incentives added to sell it.

The same goes for the S and X. They aren't new anymore, they start to see some competition from within and outside the brand, so Tesla will make it better and better value. Until the new version gets out and then they can start from the top again.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
This is true for other car companies. But with others, you see an announcement. Sometimes even see it displayed. Then they make the changes for the new model year. All this time gives you a moment to think and make a choice. With Tesla it’s changed overnight without warning. Even cell companies showcase the new model before they change it and offer it for sale.

As others have said, Tesla changes overnight and without warning. I would be ZERO surprised if a new Model S was released next week. This is the big struggle for regular car people that love their Tesla. I like to plan and I cannot. My lease expires in March, do I get a performance Model 3 with all of it's newer tech? Do I wait for new Model S that may never arrive with HUD, Blindspot, Iphone interface, etc? More likely I will look for a cheap used Tesla until they figure it out...

I’ve been struggling with the same questions… I extended the lease on my car six months hoping that an update what happened to no avail. So now I’m at the point where I need to make a decision in the next week or two.

Losing the $7500 rebate also plays into my decision.

Reactions: David29
I’ve been struggling with the same questions… I extended the lease on my car six months hoping that an update what happened to no avail. So now I’m at the point where I need to make a decision in the next week or two.

Losing the $7500 rebate also plays into my decision.

I'm in a similar lease extension situation, although I'm not doing the 6 months maximum extension because I want the $7500 credit.

For now the plan is to get a performance model 3, and assume sometime during owning that car the S/X will get a major redo - either all at once, or in small steps over 2-4 years, and then get into one of those.

I concede Tesla has no obligation to refund the difference in price to people (like me) who ordered, but have not received their cars yet. However, the people at Tesla making the decision need to ask themselves how they would like to be treated if they were in this position, and then act accordingly. Would they want a price adjustment? Wouldn’t it increase affinity with the brand by customers? Wouldn’t they be annoyed if they were told, sorry, you already signed, bad luck for you?

Sometimes these people lose the forest for the trees, and dont see that doing right by the customer is ALWAYS better for business in the long run.

Reactions: Flyguy
Just ordered our 75D two weeks ago without the PUP. Kinda glad we did because the only feature we'd care about is the audio, and to us it's not worth the higher base price. We live in the desert, so heated whatever is of no interest, and we're not that picky about the air filtering. Maybe since we asked for September delivery they'll throw it in anyway for expedience!? Maybe not.

Okay so I just asked the group here at Tyson’s corner. The answer was if you order another car you would NOT lose your deposit. Their point was they wouldn’t have a problem selling the undelivered car and whatever made the customer happy they would do.

So if you want to wait and reorder at the lower price you can with no issue.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Okay so I just asked the group here at Tyson’s corner. The answer was if you order another car you would NOT lose your deposit. Their point was they wouldn’t have a problem selling the undelivered car and whatever made the customer happy they would do.

So if you want to wait and reorder at the lower price you can with no issue.

That makes sense to me. And, you may be able to find a very similar, if not exact match that is already in the pipeline. When I ordered my 2017 S75 RWD my rep found an almost identical car in the pipeline ready SOONER than the one I ordered. And, came with $1,500 inventory discount. The only difference from my order was no gray 19” wheels, which was even better b/c I was stupid to add them at 2.5k anyway. They will work with you to make the best possible outcome, they did with me anyway

I agree. I have the base textile seats which I prefer over the leather. But...I would have liked the option to have ventilated seats...but oh well. maybe next time in 5y time.

This is a good point, vraev. Would love to see ventilated textile seats. but I definitely applaud the move to the non-leather other seats. No matter the manufacturer - the vegan leather ones always wear so much better than leather.

I am very surprised that the Model 3 has no textile seat option......yet. Perhaps they will show up with the $35K model ?

What happens if I ordered my MS without PUP last week ? Do they change to PUP without notice or they will still produce the non-PUP until all the ordering list is done ?
According to what some have heard here in Sweden, as long as the order wasn’t looked before the changes you will get the changes. If the order had been looked you will get the car as you order it.