TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Premium Rear Console [Video]

Discussion in 'Video' started by InternetDude, Oct 5, 2015.

1. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

#1 InternetDude, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Curious if you asked them a) what the oily substance is and b) given the feedback from users regarding the broken hinges have they improved it? Also, would like to know if it wiggles horizontally since it is only connected at the back with that strap.

3. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I did not ask about the oily substance as it is minor compared to the crack. But now that you mention it...

I did not ask if they improved the latch as when I asked about getting a replacement console I assumed they were aware of the issue. I heard that others here also had the same crack issue.

It does wiggle horizontally a bit but there is a rubber pad on the bottom front of the console so if there is a bit of pressure down it really doesn't slide. Whoops, I should have shown that :cool:

4. liuping

liuping Active Member

I brought mine in and the service center had a kit to replace the hinge/top section. It is a newer design and is supposed to be much better.

5. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

That's interesting because my so-called new and improved replacement for my original one that broke immediately, also broke immediately, same spot on the hinge.

6. liuping

liuping Active Member

Was it a full replacement console, or just the new hinge assembly installed at the service center?