Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Rear Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What email address should I use to see if they have some kinda' policy, plan, solution etc?. I called the general Tesla line a few days back and was told "your local SC will call you tomorrow." Never happened. Then I sent an email to the products page people, no response yet. Like many of you I'm sure, ignoring me doesn't make me or the problem go away.

It's been 2 weeks & not a peep from them. I sent an email to my SC & asked for help in contacting someone "higher up" the food chain to see if I get any action. This is really p*ssing me off as a customer/supporter (I have "sold" 2 cars to my buddies). They know they have a poorly designed product--they don't sell it anymore--& the lack of communication is BS. Recall it!! Class Action Suit!!

It's been 2 weeks & not a peep from them. I sent an email to my SC & asked for help in contacting someone "higher up" the food chain to see if I get any action. This is really p*ssing me off as a customer/supporter (I have "sold" 2 cars to my buddies). They know they have a poorly designed product--they don't sell it anymore--& the lack of communication is BS. Recall it!! Class Action Suit!!
It's been total crickets here too. Time to start squeaking a little more in order to get some grease. If you charged your Console on your CC I would suggest filing an extended warranty claim with your CC company. They have access to Tesla's financial back end and can apply some pressure there. They will sometimes lock up the equivalent dollar amount to force a response to a claim. Typically, they just give up and payout what the cost was and tell you to keep the console. Mine came with my vehicle so I can't go this route.

I checked with my Visa account but the time to "dispute" the easy way has passed. I will be calling them soon to explain but I'm not sure how effective that course will be. I am gilding for the fight.
Not a dispute but a warranty claim. They "extend" your warranty by doubling it. Once it's out of manufacturers warranty then the credit card company proved a warranty and will repair or replace. I had a Panasonic Digital camera and the flash dies 13 months after purchase. Called the CC company, filled out the form and 3 days later they decided to just credit me the $285 I paid for the camera instead of trying to get it repaired. On MacBook Pro at 16 months the HdD went dead. They had me take it in to Apple and get the repair estimate, get it repaired, pay for it on the card and the voided the charge. It sure the length of the merchandise warranty but it's a way to seek resolution. If Tesla cannot repair then I suppose Cc company will reimburse for cost or push Tesla to replace.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
I don't have a warranty extension per se, but I do have recourse to dispute the charge. Which I just did. If anyone @ the on-line store or merchandise monitors this site, Visa is going to back charge you for $709. MY "local" SC has tried to contact someone @ on-line orders for the last 2 or 3 days & nothing. Pitiful customer service. As soon as the credit comes through, I will look elsewhere (Evannex) and play around with a DIY fix for the hinge.

Swung by my nearest SC today. They took a look at it, took the car back to the stalls in the back and returned shortly thereafter to give me my choices. #1 leave behind my Console and they will ship me the new one #2 wait until new one comes in and they will call me to come get it. I went with option #2 but in hindsight, I probably should have left the broken one to ensure they do something. It didn't seem to be an issue of any kind with them today. Hopefully I'll have a new one in a few weeks but if they haven't redesigned the hinge then I'll be back in this same situation after about six openings of the unit. Sounds like Visa has your back Spyder and you might get to keep your broken console and get back your cash. That might be suitable outcome.

At least you are getting some action. Keep us in the loop re: getting a new one--is it a new design, etc--but it may be awhile since they are not even on the web site anymore. My process with my Visa is going to take time as well since I have to respond in writing to several questions, etc. Since it is over 119 days, it's not a simple process of click-click-click & submit.

After writing my weekly email to Fremont, I finally got a response. I am not happy (with the process or myself) since this last email was fairly threatening. Certainly not how I want to do business nor be treated but the POS is in a box & on the way back. Let's see how long it takes for them to issue the credit...o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
These are a great alternative, and you do not lose a seat.
Blue Daylight 2 (1).jpg